South Pittsburg at Winchester (Stone Cold vs Tracy the Pro Hayworth)

Southtowner

20 hours ago, BBRaider said:

they have the #'s but not the athletes majority of the better ones leave the county at some point. The Athletic Program has been a joke for awhile. The hire of Coach Hayworth was a step in the right direction though! 

SP by 3tds 

You are correct about the #'s and that the athletes leave the county. Last season  North middle School had a head football coach that was influencing 8th grade football players to go to Tullahoma high school with his son to play football. Also was told he is now on the coaching staff at Tullahoma.  why do you think it was a step in the right direction that Hayworth was hired?

Edited by Twistedwedge

On 8/20/2023 at 11:40 PM, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see this matchup become a rivalry.  I don't know why there has only been 3 football games played between us considering the proximity of the schools. 

2011 SP 38-7

1955 FCHS  33-13

1954 SP 39-12

Any others?  

I wondered the same thing about Huntland.  Until a couple of years ago with the home and away series with them, they had never played.   Outside of Whitwell and LV, they are the closest 1A school to SP.

I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong but... I believe you folks are giving Franklin Co too much credit. Right now they are just not a very good squad. They have numbers and that's it. I believe the reason they don't play SP annually is because the rivalry would be lopsided the majority of the time. If Franklin Co did pull off a victory in the series, it's not like you stick out your chest to boast about it and brag. It's a 5A school beating up on a little 1A. There's just not much to gain by playing SP. I predict not only will SP beat Franklin Co but I believe Moore Co beats FC as well. I do hope FC's program improves as a may have family in the school system in the distant future. 

34 minutes ago, rlh said:

I wondered the same thing about Huntland.  Until a couple of years ago with the home and away series with them, they had never played.   Outside of Whitwell and LV, they are the closest 1A school to SP.

huntland is probably a little scared after the last time y’all played

50 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong but... I believe you folks are giving Franklin Co too much credit. Right now they are just not a very good squad. They have numbers and that's it. I believe the reason they don't play SP annually is because the rivalry would be lopsided the majority of the time. If Franklin Co did pull off a victory in the series, it's not like you stick out your chest to boast about it and brag. It's a 5A school beating up on a little 1A. There's just not much to gain by playing SP. I predict not only will SP beat Franklin Co but I believe Moore Co beats FC as well. I do hope FC's program improves as a may have family in the school system in the distant future. 

Noticed they played Coffee County to a tight ball game last Friday. Isn’t Coffee pretty good now? They had a good record last season I saw. 

1 hour ago, Twistedwedge said:

You are correct about the #'s and that the athletes leave the county. Last season  North middle School had a head football coach that was influencing 8th grade football players to go to Tullahoma high school with his son to play football. Also was told he is now on the coaching staff at Tullahoma.  why do you think it was a step in the right direction that Hayworth was hired?

Warranted or not FC has had a bad stigma around the program when it comes to the minorities for awhile. Hiring Coach Hayworth at least on the surface show they are trying to rectify that!

Edited by BBRaider

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Noticed they played Coffee County to a tight ball game last Friday. Isn’t Coffee pretty good now? They had a good record last season I saw. 

Not from what i seen both teams struggled really bad to put together an offensive drive. The defense on both teams looked good but who knows considering how bad both offenses looked.

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Unfortunately Coffee isn't very good. I think Twistedwedge nailed it in his comments above. Coffee plays a pretty mediocre Tullahoma team this week and I believe that contest could go either way. 

43 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Unfortunately Coffee isn't very good. I think Twistedwedge nailed it in his comments above. Coffee plays a pretty mediocre Tullahoma team this week and I believe that contest could go either way. 

How did they win so much last season? I’m just looking at scores trying to figure it out.