Cornersville @ Forrest

dawgswin

3 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Folks, Ben Franklin is going to bring more horsepower to Chapel Hill than the last 10 silly, little tractor pulls combined. 

2 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Further research shows that Ben Franklin did NOT invent electricity.

I am over 11,315 days old and just learned that critical information. 

Always enjoy your posts! 

A 51-4 final with Franklin going for 620.  We should make sure the recently shuttered Marshall County Tribune exhumes a reporter or two to document. 

(I just executed 67% of the "to/too/two" phenomenon with the words being back-to-back in the sentence, which proves I am not a recent graduate of ANY Marshall Co high school.)   

Also, if such a result does happen and leads to Coach Eli stepping down, I will purchase an actual star and name it for the Franklin kid. 

5 meetings since 2012.  4-1 Forrest

2012; 28-26 Forrest 
2013; 45-7 Forrest
2014; 49-14 Forrest
2021; 16-6 Cornersville
2022; 23-6 Forrest

Total Points
Forrest 151
Cornersville 69 (Sandler)

In the history of the rivalry I'm not sure Cornersville has won more than a couple games. 

Last year, minus one 88 yd run by Franklin, he was 9 carries for 37 yards. I was shocked that he didn't get the ball 30+ times. Game was close until the 4th. 

Forrest lost 17-0 to a Watertown team that is likely playoff bound, but won't go far. 

Cornersville beat The Webb School, 43-17. I didn't realize Webb had a team. 

I stand by 10-0.  That gives Franklin another TD, maybe he busts an 89 yarder this year. Forrest is clusless on offense, but neither of these teams run west coast. 

This is actually a GIGANTIC game for Eli. The coach. Win, and you might feel back on track and pretty good. Lose, and it's difficult to find more than 3 wins all year. And 2 wins or 1 win is very possible.  

Edited by GeneralForrest
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Lol they do "have more than Franklin", but if Chapel Hill hasn't brought in any transfers since last week, then all they will need is Ben Franklin. 

No transfers in this week.

On 8/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, hammerhound said:

It will be interesting to see how Franklin matches up with Forrest college prospect left tackle #77 Tankersley.

#77 dominated the game last year as Forrest ran left all night long. Not sure if he will be available this Friday though. One of many mountains we have to climb this week. 

16 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Further research shows that Ben Franklin did NOT invent electricity. I am over 11,315 days old and just learned that critical information. 

The Cornersville history department approves this message. That little schoolhouse rock skit with the old guy and lightning and kite is confusing. 

17 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Alright, been doing a little research: The Tennessee High School single game rushing record belongs to Taeton Wink (Stewart County) with 572 yards in 2016. 

In an ironic twist, the single game rushing record on Forrest's field is 331 yards by Zach McClendon vs these same bulldogs in 2014. If Franklin goes for 500 we will rename the field. 

13 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

5 meetings since 2022.  4-1 Forrest

2012; 28-26 Forrest 
2013; 45-7 Forrest
2014; 49-14 Forrest
2021; 16-6 Cornersville
2022; 23-6 Forrest

Total Points
Forrest 151

This one may have a 2012 vibe to it. 

13 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

In the history of the rivalry I'm not sure Cornersville has won more than a couple games. 

Last year, minus one 88 yd run by Franklin, he was 9 carries for 37 yards. I was shocked that he didn't get the ball 30+ times. Game was close until the 4th. 

Forrest lost 17-0 to a Watertown team that is likely playoff bound, but won't go far. 

I stand by 10-0.  That gives Franklin another TD, maybe he busts an 89 yarder this year. Forrest is clusless on offense, but neither of these teams run west coast. 

This is actually a GIGANTIC game for Eli. The coach. Win, and you might feel back on track and pretty good. Lose, and it's difficult to find more than 3 wins all year. And 2 wins or 1 win is very possible.  

I believe Watertown is way better than the Webb Feet. Agreed huge game. We will know Friday night if it's his Battle of Washita River or Little Bighorn. 

46 minutes ago, Salem said:

This one may have a 2012 vibe to it. 

I believe Watertown is way better than the Webb Feet. Agreed huge game. We will know Friday night if it's his Battle of Washita River or Little Bighorn. 

The 2011 & 2012 games were the best overall games to watch in this series of recent memory. High scoring and close games. Obviously winning in 2021 was awesome too. 

15 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

2012; 28-26 Forrest 
2013; 45-7 Forrest
2014; 49-14 Forrest
2021; 16-6 Cornersville
2022; 23-6 Forrest

Total Points
Forrest 151

Cornersville would have (2) more wins, if the Chapel Hill administration wasn't scared to play in 2017 and 2018. I have it on good authority that they declined Cornersville's request for a two game series. The meeting took place at the Sonic in front of Brook's Grocery. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

No transfers in this week.

#77 dominated the game last year as Forrest ran left all night long. Not sure if he will be available this Friday though. One of many mountains we have to climb this week. 

The Cornersville history department approves this message. That little schoolhouse rock skit with the old guy and lightning and kite is confusing. 

In an ironic twist, the single game rushing record on Forrest's field is 331 yards by Zach McClendon vs these same bulldogs in 2014. If Franklin goes for 500 we will rename the field. 

"In an ironic twist, the single game rushing record on Forrest's field is 331 yards by Zach McClendon vs these same bulldogs in 2014. If Franklin goes for 500 we will rename the field."

Want to make a $20 wager on Ben Franklin breaking the 331 record Friday? 

Just now, cornerback10 said:

Cornersville would have (2) more wins, if the Chapel Hill administration wasn't scared to play in 2017 and 2018. I have it on good authority that they declined Cornersville's request for a two game series. The meeting took place at the Sonic in front of Brook's Grocery. 

Wouldn’t have even been a close game either year. They knew better than not to play those years, after our middle school blew them out with the same kids.

16 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

2012; 28-26 Forrest 
2013; 45-7 Forrest
2014; 49-14 Forrest
2021; 16-6 Cornersville
2022; 23-6 Forrest

Total Points
Forrest 151

Why does Forrest always schedule teams a classification below them? Current enrollment Cornersville-314 Forrest-530. Maybe try scheduling Marshall County next time the enrollment gap is close to the same. Marshall-819 

13 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

Why does Forrest always schedule teams a classification below them? Current enrollment Cornersville-314 Forrest-530. Maybe try scheduling Marshall County next time the enrollment gap is close to the same. Marshall-819 

Most teams play up in non region games, helps build a stronger team! Maybe this is a nod, they know we are a strong team! (Last year don’t count, I love when people use last year as an example. Please keep thinking that is the team you are playing Friday!)