oakland at center grove, IN

theawesomebro

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Center Grove had alot to do with that. Don't think anyone in TN would beat CG. Oakland is just one week removed from gaining over 400 yards while allowing 150 against a good independence team. Long run, this kind of result was the best thing that could happen to Oakland 

Not sure what game you were watching, but Oakland's secondary was beaten over and over while biting on play action. Oakland's offensive line was getting stymied at the point of attack, and there was subpar play at QB.  Cedar Grove is definitely a good team, but I wouldn't go as far as to say no one in Tennessee could beat them.

55 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Not sure what game you were watching, but Oakland's secondary was beaten over and over while biting on play action. Oakland's offensive line was getting stymied at the point of attack, and there was subpar play at QB.  Cedar Grove is definitely a good team, but I wouldn't go as far as to say no one in Tennessee could beat them.

I was watching the same game as the coaches I talk to saw. Despite all that, proud of the way Oakland kept fighting and I think it will make them better in the long run. If there are teams capable of beating Center Grove in TN, it's a very short list

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2023 at 3:05 PM, pepvol said:

I know, Right !! Believe it or not my Bro in laws in Bloomington are even crazier! LoL they’re just as passionate about sports as we are and they hate Kentucky just as much as I do ! LoL 

Yeah. Bloomington is a huge sports town. And Kentucky is a huge rivalry game for Indiana in basketball. Very big. A lot of IU fans are pissed that Calipari won't play IU anymore. 

Really we’re all more alike than we think or want to believe we are, and that goes for everyone of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds. When I was in the Navy, my 2 best friends were a Puerto Rican guy and a Mexican guy. They both had the exact same traditional values I was brought up with. But really, you can even find common ground with anyone, even if they don’t believe the same as you a lot of times. We all want the same things, for the most part, we just have a different means of getting there. People (I guess it’s in our nature) always search for differences, and we never spend any time at all searching for common ground. Sorry for waxing philosophical, but reading those comments made me think about that stuff.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Really we’re all more alike than we think or want to believe we are, and that goes for everyone of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds. When I was in the Navy, my 2 best friends were a Puerto Rican guy and a Mexican guy. They both had the exact same traditional values I was brought up with. But really, you can even find common ground with anyone, even if they don’t believe the same as you a lot of times. We all want the same things, for the most part, we just have a different means of getting there. People (I guess it’s in our nature) always search for differences, and we never spend any time at all searching for common ground. Sorry for waxing philosophical, but reading those comments made me think about that stuff.

I can appreciate what you’re saying. 

On 8/26/2023 at 8:32 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I was watching the same game as the coaches I talk to saw. Despite all that, proud of the way Oakland kept fighting and I think it will make them better in the long run. If there are teams capable of beating Center Grove in TN, it's a very short list

Not bashing your analysis, just think that Oakland has taken a little step back this year.  It is very understandable for a program that has won three straight 6A Championships.

14 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Not bashing your analysis, just think that Oakland has taken a little step back this year.  It is very understandable for a program that has won three straight 6A Championships.

It's true, Oakland is a really inexperienced team and it showed at times. That said, Center Grove is a 3 time defending champion with a 4 star quarterback who runs alot of Wing-T and plays a national schedule. If Oakland takes a step back I'll admit I was wrong but like @OutofStater79said, they just ran into a buzzsaw

Edited by MidTennFootball

47 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

It's true, Oakland is a really inexperienced team and it showed at times. That said, Center Grove is a 3 time defending champion with a 4 star quarterback who runs alot of Wing-T and plays a national schedule. If Oakland takes a step back I'll admit I was wrong but like @OutofStater79said, they just ran into a buzzsaw

Hold on I thought last year Oakland was young.. thus wouldn’t they have returned a-lot for this years squad?

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Hold on I thought last year Oakland was young.. thus wouldn’t they have returned a-lot for this years squad?

They were a little in the trenches, but their replacing about 14-16 starters (depending on who you ask). They're not necessarily young, just alot haven't played meaningful snaps or missed an entire season to injury

17 hours ago, Augustus said:

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

The biggest difference so far seems to be inexperience at the QB position, but I do think Center Grove had a lot to do with the QB struggles last week. But I figured there would be some growing pains there. Kade Hewitt was very good in Oakland's system. Will be interesting to see how the QB position looks going forward with Kyler Creasy on the shelf for several weeks. I would expect Creasy to run more wildcat going forward, they started having a little success with that against Center Grove.