Obion Central at Westview

Madddog2020

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I'd pick Obion County over Westview, but I like the Rebels in this match up. Things were clicking offensively for them this past Friday and overall I feel like they have the more experienced team of the two right now. Probably be a high scoring affair and #1 from Westview will definitely get his, but I'll take the Rebels by 2 TDs! :thumb:

Westview has to get more of a run game going. When they played Dresden the only play they had was throwing it up to Joy, and most of those weren't even good throws. He had to stop and come back to several deep balls. He is a phenomenal athlete and will give some teams fits even knowing who is getting it, but they also have some teams on the schedule that will completely take that away. If they don't find more offensively they might be in trouble, including this week. 

Westview by 14, They had the game well in hand until injuries and cramps hit the second half. The whole 4th quarter was JV on defense that is how they got back in it. If everyone stays healthy for Westview they will get on winning track. There are very young all over the field and have an inexperienced o-line but this team has way too many athletes to not make some noise this year in the new region. Two years from now they will be back in Chattanoga.

On 8/22/2023 at 1:10 PM, volfan26 said:

You are correct Westview is one dimensional throwing the ball up to #1. I also think their Strength and Conditioning is lacking from  a few years ago . Is it coaching or just not enough big bodies on the line?.  OC wins this week up front .

6 hours ago, GOCHARGERS said:

OC wins and yes its 100 % the coaching!

So what's wrong with the coaching? Did they not play yalls kids enough at some point or are yall some dads still caught up in living vicariously through your children and just because things don't go perfect it means these coaches aren't good enough? @Primetime1 made a great point they basically played a varsity game with a jv team. Very curious if yall have actually compared what Westview is doing as a program compared to surrounding areas... I heard when Carver transferred in the spring and went to knox west he was stronger than any other kid and compliments were given to WVs strength and conditioning for that. And some championship teams don't even lift during season at all. I'm curious just how knowledgeable some of you keyboard warriors are that point fingers at coaches before actually looking at the whole picture. Just remember this team is one game into their season- and it's pretty obvious they are in a year of growth which I think we will all get to witness in the stands each week. 

1 hour ago, TNfootball1125 said:

So what's wrong with the coaching? Did they not play yalls kids enough at some point or are yall some dads still caught up in living vicariously through your children and just because things don't go perfect it means these coaches aren't good enough? @Primetime1 made a great point they basically played a varsity game with a jv team. Very curious if yall have actually compared what Westview is doing as a program compared to surrounding areas... I heard when Carver transferred in the spring and went to knox west he was stronger than any other kid and compliments were given to WVs strength and conditioning for that. And some championship teams don't even lift during season at all. I'm curious just how knowledgeable some of you keyboard warriors are that point fingers at coaches before actually looking at the whole picture. Just remember this team is one game into their season- and it's pretty obvious they are in a year of growth which I think we will all get to witness in the stands each week. 

I will be at the game tonight if you would like to meet up and discuss my comment. Just so you will know im not a dad worried about my kids playing time. I've been following Westview Football for over 30 years. 

1 hour ago, TNfootball1125 said:

I think you are doing a great job as strength and conditioning coach, big guy.