Powell at Farragut Week 2

FHS_Admiral

5 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Does anyone have a good feel for how strong Powell might be this year?    Can the Admirals hang with them?   Hoping the Ads can win another close one at home.

I watched the Plow vs. AC game.  Plow looks pretty tough.  Solid on both sides.  Strengths would be OL with 2 strong backs.  Sound on defense, really good on offense.  

Powell's QB is a legit 2 way threat.  Reminds me a lot of Dustin McPhetridge, who was the QB in the Mobley days and was a thousand yard rusher, himself.  Matt appears to be going back to the offensive scheme he used in that era. 

Powell's DL is really good, as well.  Soles is the real deal.  

And Farragut always seems to play well against Powell. 

Should be a great football game Friday. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Powell's QB is a legit 2 way threat.  Reminds me a lot of Dustin McPhetridge, who was the QB in the Mobley days and was a thousand yard rusher, himself.  Matt appears to be going back to the offensive scheme he used in that era. 

Powell's DL is really good, as well.  Soles is the real deal.  

And Farragut always seems to play well against Powell. 

Should be a great football game Friday. 

Great QB comparison, HTV. What we saw against AC looked a lot like those early Matt Lowe teams. #2 did a great job of carrying out those reads in Week 1. Should be an entertaining game!

16 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I didn't think Farragut would beat DB but they found a way to win. That's what a well coached team does 

I'm picking Farragut in another close one 

Farragut 17  Powell 14

Powell is also "a well coached team."  Hence, the win against the defending state champions last Friday night.  

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, footballknox said:

Powell is also "a well coached team."  Hence, the win against the defending state champions last Friday night.  

Powell is a very good team, but that's not the same AC team as last year just like Powell is different as well. This should be a good game, but I'm picking Farragut which should make you happy bc I picked DB last week and they lost. Hence my picking Farragut means Powell will probably win. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Powell is a very good team, but that's not the same AC team as last year just like Powell is different as well. This should be a good game, but I'm picking Farragut which should make you happy bc I picked DB last week and they lost. Hence my picking Farragut means Powell will probably win. :thumb:

I know we're only a week in, but that definitely isn't the same AC team.

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

I didn't think Farragut would beat DB but they found a way to win. That's what a well coached team does 

I'm picking Farragut in another close one 

Farragut 17  Powell 14

2 really good programs right now, gotta go with FHS like you. A little too much strength and depth.