Camden Central at HR Bruceton Central

@38320

This used to be a huge rivalry back when both teams were up. The schools are only 8 miles apart and many of the people from both towns know each other. Bruceton handled Stewart Co. last week. Can they stop the high powered Camden offense that put up 50 on the Wavo Wonders last week? Can Camden's defense get a few stops? This week will tell a lot about where both teams are headed. I'm saying Camdentowne in a tight one. 

9 hours ago, @38320 said:

This used to be a huge rivalry back when both teams were up. The schools are only 8 miles apart and many of the people from both towns know each other. Bruceton handled Stewart Co. last week. Can they stop the high powered Camden offense that put up 50 on the Wavo Wonders last week? Can Camden's defense get a few stops? This week will tell a lot about where both teams are headed. I'm saying Camdentowne in a tight one. 

That's fake news 38320. Please don't be putting fake news on about any high school program. :wink:

Camden by a bunch

HRB is still a very young team (8-10 sophomores) and are still figuring things out offensively. They have a stud player they still haven’t used very much , especially in the running game #6 .. maybe they are reluctant because he’s small-  bad on them , but who knows . Give me Camden in this one , I think they probably pull away after halftime with those physical backs and more depth . 

Edited by west10EZ

8 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

If Bruceton can contain the outside they can keep it close. That was Waverly problem last week. I think #7 and #25 for Camden will show out in this one.

35-21 Camden.

yep , the pulling guards tell you where the play is going .. i think depth will be a problem for bruceton later in the game . Usually the case for small schools . 

At first glance you have to figure Camden has a pretty good edge in this one. If nothing else they should be able to outscore Bruceton.. but Bruceton is also a team that rides the wave, whether it's up or down. This is brucetons first 1-0 start in a while and I imagine the team and fan base are pretty pumped. They probably come out swinging for the fences early but I think Camden can weather it and take control. 

• Upvote 1