CLINTON (0-2) @ SCOTT (1-1)

92Dragon

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Good to hear, and you’re welcome. I need to see this van, it makes me think of the A-Team van lol.

You should see the pictures going around.  Ask our boy not Baby Cow JR. not Walmart Bag Guy, but the tall thin fella (don't wanna put his name up here without his permission)  he showed me. ha 

39 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Oak Ridge, South Doyle, Harriman and Alcoa. Let me know if I missed one. :-D

Would that imply that either they don't even go to Clinton, or they just don't go to school on gameday?  

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

You should see the pictures going around.  Ask our boy not Baby Cow JR. not Walmart Bag Guy, but the tall thin fella (don't wanna put his name up here without his permission)  he showed me. ha 

Would that imply that either they don't even go to Clinton, or they just don't go to school on gameday?  

No, I was just pointing out some of the schools they came from. I know for a fact they are going to school at Clinton. 

On 8/29/2023 at 8:05 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Clinton shouldn't have any problems. Scott County beat a weak Eagleton team 31-7 who got beat the week before by Tellico Plains 47-18 who turned around the next week and let Sequoyah end a 45 game losing streak 55-19. All in all Scott County has historically been a very weak football program and only had two teams in the schools 52 year history win 8 games. They should have never changed the name from Huntsville Golden Bears when the new school was built. Huntsville was 11-0 in 1967 and had a kid named Donnie Krahan who scored 210 points that year only to be beat by 1 point of being the states scoring champion. The following year in 1968 they were 9-1 and led by a kid named Eddie Byrge who scored 225 points. Huntsville also hung a 102 -13 loss on Sunbright with Byrge scoring 76 in that game. In 1969 they went 7-2 in Jack Diggs last year. The following year Gerald Winstead took over and went 3-3-4 before going to the new school. Every since Scott County has never amounted to much of anything in football. 

Now Barney it seems you know your Huntsville History purty well but that's just it its history. them highlanders did ok when ol Jack was a leadin em. Seems I recolect them winning a district champ and going to a couple bow games back in the day and no they ain't ben wurld beaters recently but they er uh tryin to rite the ship. seems to me you ar a might bitter bout them leavin huntsville , and seems that since you know so much of that history stuff you'd a remembered that Winsteads first team had a bunch of key players njured. its mighty easy to beet up on a feller when he's down n out but ol big red 's gonna git back up soon.

36 minutes ago, cornpone said:

Now Barney it seems you know your Huntsville History purty well but that's just it its history. them highlanders did ok when ol Jack was a leadin em. Seems I recolect them winning a district champ and going to a couple bow games back in the day and no they ain't ben wurld beaters recently but they er uh tryin to rite the ship. seems to me you ar a might bitter bout them leavin huntsville , and seems that since you know so much of that history stuff you'd a remembered that Winsteads first team had a bunch of key players njured. its mighty easy to beet up on a feller when he's down n out but ol big red 's gonna git back up soon.

How come Jack Diggs left after the 69 season. He did come back and Coach Scott County years later but the man moved around like a gypsy.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

How come Jack Diggs left after the 69 season. He did come back and Coach Scott County years later but the man moved around like a gypsy.

he ain't the only one to do that Barn, ain't the first either. I reckon you'd have to ask ol Jack that question. I heared he went down to georgie and coached a spell came back around 77-78 and never left agin. seems like a gypsy wouldda moved round a might more n that

1 hour ago, cornpone said:

he ain't the only one to do that Barn, ain't the first either. I reckon you'd have to ask ol Jack that question. I heared he went down to georgie and coached a spell came back around 77-78 and never left agin. seems like a gypsy wouldda moved round a might more n that

@cornpone I heard Diggs and Bill Hall came up with the "POW POW POW" cheer is that the truth?

1 hour ago, cornpone said:

He was the Scott Meadows of that time.

On 8/30/2023 at 8:52 PM, 92Dragon said:

No, I was just pointing out some of the schools they came from. I know for a fact they are going to school at Clinton. 

Believe it or not, my nephew has a son starting for Harriman and his son said there's a girl who attends school at Harriman and plays softball for Bearden. It's legal if Harriman doesn't have softball, but, they do.