McMinn County Cherokees vs Tyner Rams

RichyRich

Can the cherokees bounce back from an 0-2 start and shabby offensive play, I know that Tyner  is defending 2A champions but they seem to be down from last year, would like ro hear from some of the Bradley county guys who beat the rams yesterday  does mcminn have a chance of snagging a win or do you think Tyner will get better as season rolls along. This game is at home from the cherokees so I look for it to be  win by 2 tds, Tyner just has had two bad showings against Red Bank and Bradley 44-6 and 40-7 respectively.  Good luck next week for the cherokees hopefully they can themselves into the win column and get the season rolling in a positive direction, other  than this non regional  games look to be tough competition,could see most of region games  besides Ooltewah and Howard going either way.

48 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

This could be an interesting game. McMinn running a slow-motion offense and Tyner lost 17 starters.

Don't go to sleep on the Tyner QB. big and strong, he made yards up the middle after fakes to RB's.

I think McMinn wins but it won't be a blow out.

I agree I think the final score will be something like 28-18

Edited by RichyRich

We need to mix in the occasional pass if we are gonna run the wing T. I know Cagle said he was running it this year because of personel but without any passing you can make an average defense look like the Baltimore Ravens because they just have to defend a small box area. A team you should try to emulate on the wing T would be Rhea Co. they will bust a pass on you. I get it though. I know without any transfers coming in and key loss of seniors McMinn is definitely down a bit this year 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

47-14 finish Tyner finally scored when mcminn put secondary in 40-0, shame that Tyner fans sat during national anthem and half of their players were kneeling.  Poor leadership values in my opinion 

I don't remember seeing any Tyner players “kneeling”. Been around this program for 3 years now and have never seen it, every time we play in some rural place someone has something to say about our players doing whatever they deem to be cause for alarm. Where are all the people at when we play in rural insert city and they decide to have Trump night they only game you play a black school no one seems to have an issue with that. Could care less what adults choose to do during the anthem but don't flat out lie on kids to fit ur narrative. 

Edited by Footballguy5656