Cyclones at Grainger

BigDaddyDave

18 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

I don't think Coach Whit will run up the score on Granger. We aren't Greeneville. He will get a lot of younger players in and probably not score over 40.

I have always had the philosophy of I'm out there to score and the D's job is to stop me.  2's will get a lot of work in the 2nd half but don't act like they aren't scoring 40 and Greeneville is the only team that has put a ton of points up on them in the past.  2020 63 points and 2021 56 points not ring a bell for running up the score?  Heck you put up 47 on them last year. (It's not a knock on Betsy either).  You just can't be throwing stones from a glass house :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

He won't purposely run it up however if our backups get some room to score its still their job to stop it but I wouldn't see many passes after the first half. 

And that’s the philosophy you should have and the same philosophy as the Greeneville staff.  You don’t  tell a freshman rb to fall down on purpose going in for a TD just to not score on someone

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

Let me pick the backups on any team against the ones on any team and I will insure you they will not score. The coaches know what they are doing.

You sounds like a participation trophy type a fella. You're supposed to rise to the occasion not lower your standards to appease babies like you. If you wanna watch low scoring boring games watch soccer. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, KEV-O said:

You sounds like a participation trophy type a fella. You're supposed to rise to the occasion not lower your standards to appease babies like you. If you wanna watch low scoring boring games watch soccer. 

The starters get a good two quarters of work in. Maybe a little less. Anyone banged up doesn’t sniff the field. Building depth for today and building towards the future. That’s what these games are about. Work on your execution and gain valuable game time experience for the back ups. That’s how I see it. But just my thoughts.

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

The starters get a good two quarters of work in. Maybe a little less. Anyone banged up doesn’t sniff the field. Building depth for today and building towards the future. That’s what these games are about. Work on your execution and gain valuable game time experience for the back ups. That’s how I see it. But just my thoughts.

This^^

5 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

That's exactly how it's supposed to be. That's why successful teams reload because the 2s and 3s have been practicing against quality and they get almost as much playing time a season as the starters. Chances of injuries to your 1s go down significantly if they're not having to play later in the game. That cupcake Cycloneprider is just a troll trying to misrepresent another team. A true bety fan knows the process. 

On 8/29/2023 at 5:42 PM, CyclonePrider said:

I don't think Coach Whit will run up the score on Granger. We aren't Greeneville. He will get a lot of younger players in and probably not score over 40.

This will be last years game, what was it Grainger ran the clock as much as they could with runs and then Betsy just did a slow burning drive with TD?  Betsy doesn't run up the score but if you give up 70 in the first half, that's all on you.  Fair is fair.

I do think on some of these conference games that TSSAA should just go ahead and do a running clock now as soon as it hits 30 up, no matter the quarter.