Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

17 minutes ago, Swipes said:

If you think the Greeneville Players or Coaches were scared then you are sadly mistaken.  Like i said in a previous post "I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish."  I wasn't happy with Starnes decision but don't put that on the players and coaches. I could see your point if Greeneville was getting clubbed like a baby seal but they weren't and was in a rock fight of a game. 

No swipes that was a fairly even half with the big edge going to Greenville. But it's the tale of one half and I am sure Greeneville and Alcoa players feel they left something on the field; that a hard feeling for the players. But a good and exciting 1st half. 

22 minutes ago, Swipes said:

If you think the Greeneville Players or Coaches were scared then you are sadly mistaken.  Like i said in a previous post "I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish."  I wasn't happy with Starnes decision but don't put that on the players and coaches. I could see your point if Greeneville was getting clubbed like a baby seal but they weren't and was in a rock fight of a game. 

It was ultimately a greeneville official that made the decision not to finish the game.  had to be a reason why.

3 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

There is no reason this game couldn't have been finished, and the fact that it wasn't ultimately lies on the home team.

I don't care if you finish at 1 am.  You should finish the game.

These kids had school the next day. Plus most of them had been up since 5 ish in the morning. Talk about not putting the kids best interest into the conversation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

These kids had school the next day. Plus most of them had been up since 5 ish in the morning. Talk about not putting the kids best interest into the conversation.

well aren't you particularly attuned to the feelings of the players.  If you went and checked their attendance today, a good 40% of them aren't at school anyway.  Go on with that silliness.

What do you think the normal friday attendance percentage is after a thursday night game?  Sounds like according you we should only play Friday games because otherwise it's a school night...

and why in the heck would they be up at 5 in the morning?

Edited by ILB1999

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Here is my take on the game.

Greeneville dominated the first quarter and Alcoa gained momentum back in the 2nd Quarter after the pick 6 and had the momentum before the weather delay. (Don't get me started on who ever made the play call to throw a roll out pass on your own 1 yard line instead of trying to get some breathing room and then run that play).  Alcoa had made adjustments and Greeneville needed to make them on the O side of the ball.  Greeneville was definitely gassed before half with so many players going both ways.  Alcoa needs to keep Graf as the QB and believe he is the better of the two QB's.  Pagach didn't look like a 3star QB with an Int (Almost threw two more). #7 Cannon is the cog that makes Alcoa's offense run and he is a great RB and LB.

I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish.

100% spot on!!! Pagach was under extreme pressure to start the game and a few of the play calls and missed routs didn’t help. Credit to the Greeneville D! Hate we missed ya again. I’m guessing we picked the wrong location? BPM is planning on being back sometime in October. Hopefully we can try Hot Rods again! Good luck to the Devils! :thumb:

39 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

It was ultimately a greeneville official that made the decision not to finish the game.  had to be a reason why.

Well you already told us the reason you think it was and I'm telling you that you are wrong Greeneville Players and Coaches weren't scared of playing Alcoa.  If they were they wouldn't have scheduled them.

If you want your answer call or email Starnes and ask for his explanation.   

Edited by Swipes

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

When it is directed toward the opponent it will be called every time. 

Alcoa traveled 2 hours in three charter busses. I never saw one official, line judge, back judge or Ref get out the Alcoa busses.....

"Catching any breaks"....You mean "home cooking"?:rolleyes:

Exactly  everything  was done fairly  no conspiracy  on the Greeneville  side my whole  point. Just  one of those unfortunate  thing's  that happens.  Both team's  wanted to play or they wouldn't  have  scheduled  the Game  to start with. 

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Here is my take on the game.

Greeneville dominated the first quarter and Alcoa gained momentum back in the 2nd Quarter after the pick 6 and had the momentum before the weather delay. (Don't get me started on who ever made the play call to throw a roll out pass on your own 1 yard line instead of trying to get some breathing room and then run that play).  Alcoa had made adjustments and Greeneville needed to make them on the O side of the ball.  Greeneville was definitely gassed before half with so many players going both ways.  Alcoa needs to keep Graf as the QB and believe he is the better of the two QB's.  Pagach didn't look like a 3star QB with an Int (Almost threw two more). #7 Cannon is the cog that makes Alcoa's offense run and he is a great RB and LB.

I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish.

As for as the delay before the storm past over the stadium I can guarantee you they were following the NFHS Lightning Guidelines that states "When lightning-detection devices or mobile phone apps are available, this technology could be used to assist in making a decision to suspend play if a lightning strike is noted to be within 10 miles of the event location."  I know Greeneville put in a new weather detector this year.

I agree with all of this 

16 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

100% spot on!!! Pagach was under extreme pressure to start the game and a few of the play calls and missed routs didn’t help. Credit to the Greeneville D! Hate we missed ya again. I’m guessing we picked the wrong location? BPM is planning on being back sometime in October. Hopefully we can try Hot Rods again! Good luck to the Devils! :thumb:

You know I try to always give an honest opinion even if it's against my own team :lol:.  I think so because I was at Casa Guerrero #1 around 4:20 and walked around looking for you all.  Sounds good, just let me know and i'll make it over to Hot Rods for some grubb.  Good Luck to Alcoa the rest of the way and bring back another Gold Ball!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well you already told us the reason you think it was and I'm telling you that you are wrong Greeneville Players and Coaches weren't scared of playing Alcoa.  If they were they wouldn't have scheduled them.

If you want your answer call or email Starnes and ask for his explanations.   

I always know what to believe because of you.Swipes you might just be the best poster on coacht.

• Like 1