Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I thought the Personal Foul was because #65 ripped off an Alcoa players helmet (I'm sure he said something too) and #65 definitely deserved it.  As for the holding penalty it definitely was and wouldn't have been if #4 for Greeneville wouldn't have thrown him down on the kick out block coming out of the backfield.

I don't  question  either call. Just  stating the fact that the game was called  fairly  and they used tssaa protocol  on the delay.  Just  for all the  conspiracy  talk out there that believes  GHS WAS TRYING  to get out of the Game.  I  don't  believe  that for a minute . I don't  blame  them for not playing  last night that game  would  not have  restarted till 11:30 or possibly  even midnight  with over two quarter's  left  to play. The Alcoa kid's  would  have  got home a couple  hour's  before  day break  on a school night. Thinking  it should  have  been  played last night shows where people's  priorities  is. Now if they could  find away  to play at another time that would  be great.  I am willing  to bet that every game that has been  delayed  in the past and finished in the middle  of the night was on a Friday  night with no school  the next day 

50 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No swipes that was a fairly even half with the big edge going to Greenville. But it's the tale of one half and I am sure Greeneville and Alcoa players feel they left something on the field; that a hard feeling for the players. But a good and exciting 1st half. 

I think it was a tail of almost two complete Quarters with both teams winning 1 quarter a piece.  I think it shows Greeneville's Capability and not finishing this game can potentially hurt Greeneville down the road.  We had in my opinion our two best non conference games cut short because of weather and needed the team to feel that adversity and seeing how they could finish in a slug fest.  I feel like if we stay healthy we have a good shot this year.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Time for me to move on. Best of luck to the Greeneville Green Devils!

IMO, The Devils are the Team to beat in 4A! 

Greeneville has some of the best fans and Coacht representees on here!:thumb: 

Much Respect  BC you guys have  a Great  Football  Team . Hate it turned out like it did. I know  it's  frustrating  for everyone  involved  especially  us since  this  is the 2nd time in 4 weeks.  We are now looking  at a 8 game  schedule  this  Year. I am  really  at a loss to understand  how this  has happened  to the same  team  twice  in a month. Just  snake bit I guess. We needed  this  game  even if we did get beat it would  have  made us a better  Football  team.  

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

It can down to the Greeneville school superintendent. He did not want to finish the game.  Alcoa Superintendent approved up to a 12:00 start time. National Weather out of Morristown, stated the storm front would be out of the area a little after 10:00. At 9:50 the Greeneville Superintendent stated, He did not want to play the game that late, referring the time to complete the game. Talks to eliminate half time, etc. did not seem to have satisfy concerns on playing Thursday night? Attempts to reschedule for Friday or Saturday by Alcoa was denied. This information is not second hand as I was there. 

Then saddle Greeneville with a forfeit.Like i said if they pulled this in Illinois they would be fined heavily & no playoffs in 2023.Since they pulled the same thing vs DB it would be a 2 year postseason ban

Edited by highschoolfbfan777

13 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I think it was a tail of almost two complete Quarters with both teams winning 1 quarter a piece.  I think it shows Greeneville's Capability and not finishing this game can potentially hurt Greeneville down the road.  We had in my opinion our two best non conference games cut short because of weather and needed the team to feel that adversity and seeing how they could finish in a slug fest.  I feel like if we stay healthy we have a good shot this year.

Swipes the Devils have a shot every year.Great program but I still bleed orange and black.

15 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

It's coming just give it time.They gonna miss Gary Rankin football

100% Truth, just look at the West game last their OC lost that game, Bearden this year that win was all on the kids they made plays when plays were not there. His saving grace is Alcoa always has athletes!!  If a play doesn’t work he blames the kids and acts like an idiot on the sideline but he most of the time puts them in bad situations with his play calling but looks smart when players like Winton, Cannon get them out of trouble.   Gary Rankin was the calm in the storm

• Like 1

Any talk of Greeneville being "scared" to finish the game is silly and kind of disrespectful honestly. They wouldn't have scheduled Alcoa to begin with if they were scared to play them. As others have said, put the blame on the superintendent if anyone but there's no doubt the Greeneville players and coaches would have loved to finish the game. I wish we would have gotten to see it finish out because it was shaping up to be a good one.