Sweetwater @ Meigs County

Yeti

4 minutes ago, SHSguru said:

Now dewayne, sweetwater has won 5 out of the last 6 district championships in basketball and won our region in football last year. You gotta be talking about girls basketball. Because as far as the boys side sweetwater has been dominant in basketball and baseball.  I’m here yeti and finding out you went to Sequoyah makes more sense now about you rooting them on haha. We have good backs and a good line, I’m still wishing we would start our freshman at qb. The current starter (coach’s son) isn’t a threat to run or throw really and it’s a shame because we have weapons who can go get the football

Yes I’m revering to girls basketball always coming to Meige and Central, but Meige biggest rival is Central in all sports, not sure how it started but it has been for as l can remember.

32 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Yes I’m revering to girls basketball always coming to Meige and Central, but Meige biggest rival is Central in all sports, not sure how it started but it has been for as l can remember.

Yeah no doubt about that, Sequoyah is sweetwaters biggest rival, even tho it’s not much of one in any sport. Truthfully I consider loudon a bigger rival. 

4 hours ago, SHSguru said:

Now dewayne, sweetwater has won 5 out of the last 6 district championships in basketball and won our region in football last year. You gotta be talking about girls basketball. Because as far as the boys side sweetwater has been dominant in basketball and baseball.  I’m here yeti and finding out you went to Sequoyah makes more sense now about you rooting them on haha. We have good backs and a good line, I’m still wishing we would start our freshman at qb. The current starter (coach’s son) isn’t a threat to run or throw really and it’s a shame because we have weapons who can go get the football

Married my way into another program and town. :mrgreen: Had 2 boys that came through Meigs and its been a fun ride and just hard to let go haha. 

4 hours ago, SHSguru said:

Yeah no doubt about that, Sequoyah is sweetwaters biggest rival, even tho it’s not much of one in any sport. Truthfully I consider loudon a bigger rival. 

Understand that. Sequoyah unfortunately has made any rivalries hard to get excited for in football the last decade or so. 

Good to see you on again. Wish you and your boys safe travels. I expect a great game. Hopefully It will end up like last year :thumb:. I watched the highlight video I made last year of that game just recently haha. Let's hope for an Injury free game.

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

Understand that. Sequoyah unfortunately has made any rivalries hard to get excited for in football the last decade or so. 

Good to see you on again. Wish you and your boys safe travels. I expect a great game. Hopefully It will end up like last year :thumb:. I watched the highlight video I made last year of that game just recently haha. Let's hope for an Injury free game.

I also have family in meigs and some of my best friends from there, I was at both state championship games and when sweetwater travels I go to the meigs home games. Big fan of both schools. Should be a great game.  If meigs can stop the run meigs wins, if they can’t it’ll be a long night.,

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Central has owned the district and region in girls' basketball the last 2 years, and probably will the next 3-4 years. 

Loudon is definitely the bigger rival for me. But I will say for the last few years Meigs has been circled on my list as well.  I hope tonight’s game will be a good one.  I would love to Sweetwater beat Meigs (bad) but that might be because son plays for them.  Still waiting to see how our QB will do under pressure 

36 minutes ago, Highlights said:

Loudon is definitely the bigger rival for me. But I will say for the last few years Meigs has been circled on my list as well.  I hope tonight’s game will be a good one.  I would love to Sweetwater beat Meigs (bad) but that might be because son plays for them.  Still waiting to see how our QB will do under pressure 

This game will could be for 1st place in the region honestly. Not sure how good Central is so it could be for 2nd and 3rd haha. Look for it to be a dandy though. Considering last year's game neither team will take the other lightly.

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

This game will could be for 1st place in the region honestly. Not sure how good Central is so it could be for 2nd and 3rd haha. Look for it to be a dandy though. Considering last year's game neither team will take the other lightly.

Winner of this game wins the region.

7-0 cats. Straight down the field