Portland @ Beech

eers

26 minutes ago, eers said:

Beech needs to get their offense rolling and Portland certainly isn’t Collierville or Riverdale, athletically. I look for the defense to continue to be strong and the offense to score early and often. 

Beech 42

Portland 7

Here’s the version you hate from me.. Memphis football has the same standard of play year in year out. Especially the “top” dawgs. Bartlett just beat collierville, if you include Germantown and Whitehaven all of these teams have very little to separate them. However that means absolutely nothing come playoff time once they cross over into the midstate where they receive their annual defeat. I think you want that collierville loss to almost seem like a win. After watching that game, I wasn’t impressed by either team tbh. But once again the 5a narrative helps you. However I see a team like Oak Ridge steam rolling the Bucs. Imo

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Here’s the version you hate from me.. Memphis football has the same standard of play year in year out. Especially the “top” dawgs. Bartlett just beat collierville, if you include Germantown and Whitehaven all of these teams have very little to separate them. However that means absolutely nothing come playoff time once they cross over into the midstate where they receive their annual defeat. I think you want that collierville loss to almost seem like a win. After watching that game, I wasn’t impressed by either team tbh. But once again the 5a narrative helps you. However I see a team like Oak Ridge steam rolling the Bucs. Imo

It’s ok to have a down year, Believe it or not.. it happens to everyone. Although that goodlettsville crop of kids(should be hunters lane)  y’all get seem to keep you out of too much trouble ;)

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Nope, it was definitely a loss and Beech looked bad, but most of that was self imposed. We’re sitting at 1-2 right now. It could be 3-0, but it’s not. I felt like they played a little better at Riverdale, but obviously not yet where they need to be. This team has a lot of upside, but they’re very young.  I feel like they haven’t played close to their potential and the schedule isn’t favorable when you don’t play well. You know, everyone doesn’t have the luxury of that MJ schedule.

Beech will continue to improve and I feel certain come playoff time they will be ready. Just need this week to be a turn in that direction. 

On 9/3/2023 at 11:31 AM, eers said:

After two tough road losses, Beech hosts Portland at Shackle Island. I believe Beech gets rolling early and never looks back. 

Thoughts?

I kinda feel bad for Portland. This is a “get right” game for Beech, and Portland are (un)lucky enough to be the poor souls on the other side of the ball. Bucs had back to back losses for the first time since 2014. The last time they lost 3 straight? 2006. And it will stay that way. Coincidentally, those 2 years they beat Portland by a combined 106-15. Beech comes out tomorrow night with a vengeance. Second half running clock. 49-7 final 

18 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I kinda feel bad for Portland. This is a “get right” game for Beech, and Portland are (un)lucky enough to be the poor souls on the other side of the ball. Bucs had back to back losses for the first time since 2014. The last time they lost 3 straight? 2006. And it will stay that way. Coincidentally, those 2 years they beat Portland by a combined 106-15. Beech comes out tomorrow night with a vengeance. Second half running clock. 49-7 final 

I agree, unfortunate timing for Portland