William Blount travels to West Ridge

GovForce1

2 hours ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

This is kinda where the rubber meets the road for this WB team. 
All of the game left on their schedule except for Jeff Co. are winnable games. I include DB in that because they have to come to Alnwick and strange things can happen there and at times, have happened. 

If they have a good QB-WR corps, then that's good for 21 points right away against the D-B secondary unfortunately.

2 hours ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

This is kinda where the rubber meets the road for this WB team. 
All of the game left on their schedule except for Jeff Co. are winnable games. I include DB in that because they have to come to Alnwick and strange things can happen there and at times, have happened. 

agree that Dandridge ant winnable....which also makes SH not winnable

....wouldnt wager much on it...but 8-2 would be an unforeseen for the ages

Booger just sayin :wink:

Edited by Booger

On 9/11/2023 at 12:58 PM, Booger said:

Booger thinkin 1oldpatriots extra sensitivity and tenderness on the subject matter might not of called that 0 to 100mph cliff leep 

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Betsy had an eye opening game in 2019 against the Govs. We dog smacked em in 2020. But, you know what, they good people over there. They show respect to other teams and fan bases. Don’t play dirty when they getting it handed to them. And that says a lot about the character of those young men. Plus I love listening to that Gov Nation Network YouTube broadcast team. Them guys are top notch and entertaining to listen to. I’m pulling for them Govs! Adios Stan!

Edited by BigDaddyDave

51 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Betsy had an eye opening game in 2019 against the Govs. We dog smacked em in 2020. But, you know what, they good people over there. They show respect to other teams and fan bases. Don’t play dirty when they getting it handed to them. And that says a lot about the character of those young men. Plus I love listening to that Gov Nation Network YouTube broadcast team. Them guys are top notch and entertaining to listen to. I’m pulling for them Govs! Adios Stan!

ole Booger has tuned into that broadcast twice or once....loved it

...when you been pounded that long you have to have leaders in charge that coaches the "dont be the 800 lb goriila in the room" when you ant it....even tho that Blohimself oldpatriot feller cant give them Govs that small moment in time.......largest challenge is how to keep competin when your conditioned to get an L's....specially travelin...Booger hopin somone stepped up and let those Govs travel coach to Bristol....if the moment is special...treat it special

....family of Boogers thinkin about stoppin by Bristol proper on they way back to the Volunteer state to see if  WB can get their first ever 5-0 

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

I was told there was some questions regarding how I was able to get WBHS into Region 1 and out of Region 2 three years ago so I thought I would come on and let folks know.  When they did the realignment in 2021 they  had 4 teams in Region 1 (DB/SH/JC/MOEAST) and they had 7 teams in Region 2 (WB/MHS/CLE/BEARDEN/FARRAGUT/HVA/BRADLEY.)  Remember West R was thought to be 5A.  So we decided to ask if we could play in Region 1 instead of Region 2.  I know most folks will say it was solely to get out of Region 2 but there was actually more to it.  We thought if we could move to R1 we would have a 5 team league which  made it easier to make the playoffs and also allowed us to schedule 6 non conference games instead of 4.  In order for us to be able to win the appeal we needed the 4 Region 1 schools to approve which they all did because schools like DB really didn't want a 4 team league either because they would have to find 7 non-region games which isn't always easy to do.  So it only made sense to even it up some.  Then on that same day TSSAA moved West Ridge to 6A which actually made both Regions have 6 teams.  5 League games and 5 non-league games.  Now I thought that was a good move for us but low and behold we went 0-10 the first two years in that league and ended up winless even in our out of league games last year as well.

This year has definitely been fun starting 4-0. Some would say we made the schedule easier.  Well last year we played Karns, Heritage, and MO East and lost 42-14, 38-20, and 63-7.  We just finished playing those same teams and won 35-27, 29-28, and 45-35.  Yes those teams have not had good seasons thus far, but, after suffering through an 0-10 season, it's fun to see the coaches and players have a little success.  

In 2022 we went 0-10, lost in 7 mercy rule situations, and our smallest margin of loss was 18.  It was miserable for everyone.  I was most impressed by the fact that not one coach left the staff and we doubled our numbers in the program from 50-100 after that season.  The coaches and players have worked very hard and I am happy for them.  It is fun again to show up on a Friday night knowing we have a chance to win and the games are generally going to be competitive.  I think Friday's game will be a very competitive game and whoever plays the best will win.  Last year I could not even give away all of our free tickets to West Ridge.  This year our band is going and a bus full of students are making the trip.  Amazing what a few wins will do,

Some folks who are around successful programs all of the time may not understand our situation because they have never been a part of something like last year.  It was brutal.  Being able to win a few games helps the morale of everyone here at WB and with a little success maybe we can get some additional athletes out that have not wanted to play due to our recent struggles.  Then maybe we can play other schools around here that have basically been able to name the score on us the last decade.  

I have always been a huge proponent of competition.  Classifications by size are, for the most part, silly.  There has got to be a success component built in to make Friday nights more enjoyable like a lot of states have.  No one wants to go see 63-7 games.  Hopefully we can get there in TN one day.  Just using enrollment size is, in my opinion, LAZY.  

Thanks to Broadway Barber Shop for being a proud supporter of WBHS.  With a win Friday, he is giving out free haircuts all day on Saturday if you wear WB stuff in......all shades of blue are accepted.

Scott Cupp

Athletic Director

Which Blue High School

865-621-3065

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, etcoach said:

I was told there was some questions regarding how I was able to get WBHS into Region 1 and out of Region 2 three years ago so I thought I would come on and let folks know.  When they did the realignment in 2021 they  had 4 teams in Region 1 (DB/SH/JC/MOEAST) and they had 7 teams in Region 2 (WB/MHS/CLE/BEARDEN/FARRAGUT/HVA/BRADLEY.)  Remember West R was thought to be 5A.  So we decided to ask if we could play in Region 1 instead of Region 2.  I know most folks will say it was solely to get out of Region 2 but there was actually more to it.  We thought if we could move to R1 we would have a 5 team league which  made it easier to make the playoffs and also allowed us to schedule 6 non conference games instead of 4.  In order for us to be able to win the appeal we needed the 4 Region 1 schools to approve which they all did because schools like DB really didn't want a 4 team league either because they would have to find 7 non-region games which isn't always easy to do.  So it only made sense to even it up some.  Then on that same day TSSAA moved West Ridge to 6A which actually made both Regions have 6 teams.  5 League games and 5 non-league games.  Now I thought that was a good move for us but low and behold we went 0-10 the first two years in that league and ended up winless even in our out of league games last year as well.

This year has definitely been fun starting 4-0. Some would say we made the schedule easier.  Well last year we played Karns, Heritage, and MO East and lost 42-14, 38-20, and 63-7.  We just finished playing those same teams and won 35-27, 29-28, and 45-35.  Yes those teams have not had good seasons thus far, but, after suffering through an 0-10 season, it's fun to see the coaches and players have a little success.  

In 2022 we went 0-10, lost in 7 mercy rule situations, and our smallest margin of loss was 18.  It was miserable for everyone.  I was most impressed by the fact that not one coach left the staff and we doubled our numbers in the program from 50-100 after that season.  The coaches and players have worked very hard and I am happy for them.  It is fun again to show up on a Friday night knowing we have a chance to win and the games are generally going to be competitive.  I think Friday's game will be a very competitive game and whoever plays the best will win.  Last year I could not even give away all of our free tickets to West Ridge.  This year our band is going and a bus full of students are making the trip.  Amazing what a few wins will do,

Some folks who are around successful programs all of the time may not understand our situation because they have never been a part of something like last year.  It was brutal.  Being able to win a few games helps the morale of everyone here at WB and with a little success maybe we can get some additional athletes out that have not wanted to play due to our recent struggles.  Then maybe we can play other schools around here that have basically been able to name the score on us the last decade.  

I have always been a huge proponent of competition.  Classifications by size are, for the most part, silly.  There has got to be a success component built in to make Friday nights more enjoyable like a lot of states have.  No one wants to go see 63-7 games.  Hopefully we can get there in TN one day.  Just using enrollment size is, in my opinion, LAZY.  

Thanks to Broadway Barber Shop for being a proud supporter of WBHS.  With a win Friday, he is giving out free haircuts all day on Saturday if you wear WB stuff in......all shades of blue are accepted.

Scott Cupp

Athletic Director

Which Blue High School

865-621-3065

proven to be an outstandin business decision up to this point....not too many of the decision makers would have gotten on here and owned that....nor do they have to....but this CoachT....so your still guaranteed a non believer and/or someone sore the Govs are 4-0 ...

Booger understands that there are programs out there in worse shape...but Booger kinda nose the feelin....the Irish have been 11-32 over the last 5 years starting with a 0-9 season right after a 9-2 season and after going 7 years averaging 10+ wins.......they're some around ND that think ND ought to kinda do the same.....just drop aide and go to 1A or 2A if the Irish dont get their ship righted soon

really pullin for the Govs and their fan base to keep enjoyin this experience for a bit

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

50 minutes ago, etcoach said:

Scott Cupp

Athletic Director

Which Blue High School

865-621-3065

In all my time on here I don’t think I would ever expect an AD to come on and explain their decision making process. 
Transparency within the program, that’s great.