South Pitt vs Lookout Valley (Stone Cold vs Payne Train)

Southtowner

7 hours ago, powerp said:

That 82 game was personal due to Whitwell trying to prevent the new gym being built. That score was ran up for a reason.

This is the biggest reason as far as I can remember. But it seems like one of our kids had a personal issue going on and some of the Whitwell players made some comments about it. That served as extra incentive. And anyone who knows Victory will remember that he did not take kindly to you talking bad about his boys. No coach should. At least it seems like this was the same game, it's been a few days ago so I may be getting mixed up.

32 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You've heard the saying, " he got so mad, he couldn't see straight "

Well, this was just the opposite.  ;)

I believe @rlh has told a couple stories of the Professor and not looking him in the eye. 

Yes, I heard stories that he would be yelling at someone in a group, and no one in the group knew just who he was yelling at, so they all got scared and said "yes sir" when he was done.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2023 at 2:49 PM, Southtowner said:

I heard he got so mad, his eyeball went straight for a minute.  Then he saw the scoreboard. 

Pirates scored on almost every play. There was fierce wind that night. We kicked off so often and the ball kept falling off the Tee. Refs finally had Kicker Charles” Goodboy” Allen  get him a holder after it blew off the Tee half a dozen times. At one time the ref threw up his hands, as if to say, just kick it.

Believe it or not Sequatchie scored a Saftey early in the game for a 86 to 2 final. Legendary Coach Phillip Beene actually didn’t run up the score Sequatchie just could stop that Single Wing offense. The leading Fullback was just  “Knocking A Hole” so big even that  Dillard man could have scored on every play. Not a pass was thrown that I remember. 

Edited by pegleg
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You've heard the saying, " he got so mad, he couldn't see straight "

Well, this was just the opposite.  ;)

I believe @rlh has told a couple stories of the Professor and not looking him in the eye. 

In Mr Berne’s class you really had to behave because you could not tell what in what direction he looking. 

Edited by pegleg