D2 week 5

theawesomebro

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Marty is a great coach and still rebuilding.  I also said that the Irish weren't proven with the wins on the record.

The real question is how many more years will the Irish put up with not having a strong football program?  IMO nothing will change!  

On 9/16/2023 at 6:45 AM, theawesomebro said:

you called it.  big win for CA.

also big win for MBA!  didn't see that one coming!

Oh I didn’t call this one. I think DCA should have won but too many catastrophic busts cost them. I think DCA punted once and drove inside the 20 4 times with 3 points. DCAs QB had 370 yards passing and had multiple drops. Sneed only had 3 catches too and he’s in my mind the best player in D2A. He looks like a 6’6” 235 WR that’s been gifted with things others aren’t. DCAs WRs piled up yards but CA held strong when they needed to. 

Defensively DCA will hopefully fix some issues with really bad  busts that cannot happen that allow big plays. They’ve done it twice this year with teams with talented running backs so now some things will help the kids do better. 

CA capitalized on their opportunities though so good for them. It’s halfway through the season and the talented sophomores that start and play for DCA will learn and continue to get better. Coach Wade is a great coach and is never a guy other coaches want to play twice. The playoffs will be very fun to watch IMO. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Oh I didn’t call this one. I think DCA should have won but too many catastrophic busts cost them. I think DCA punted once and drove inside the 20 4 times with 3 points. DCAs QB had 370 yards passing and had multiple drops. Sneed only had 3 catches too and he’s in my mind the best player in D2A. He looks like a 6’6” 235 WR that’s been gifted with things others aren’t. DCAs WRs piled up yards but CA held strong when they needed to. 

Defensively DCA will hopefully fix some issues with really bad  busts that cannot happen that allow big plays. They’ve done it twice this year with teams with talented running backs so now some things will help the kids do better. 

CA capitalized on their opportunities though so good for them. It’s halfway through the season and the talented sophomores that start and play for DCA will learn and continue to get better. Coach Wade is a great coach and is never a guy other coaches want to play twice. The playoffs will be very fun to watch IMO. 

DCA is a very good team.  Great qb and receivers.  I think they are only getting better as the season evolves.  They will be a handful for anyone in the playoffs. 

But I thought our CA team played extremely well and dug deep when things got tight.  Our running back had 307 yards on 26 carries and our qb ran for 100.  Our defense got enough pressure to make the difference.

Edited by CABacker

2 hours ago, CABacker said:

DCA is a very good team.  Great qb and receivers.  I think they are only getting better as the season evolves.  They will be a handful for anyone in the playoffs. 

But I thought our CA team played extremely well and dug deep when things got tight.  Our running back had 307 yards on 26 carries and our qb ran for 100.  Our defense got enough pressure to make the difference.

You scored on dive plays and failed containments. You didnt throw the ball with consistency. Those plays were outright busts. The dive plays are the same thing Friendship scored on.  DCA not getting TD’sinside the 15 yard line 4 times and only getting 3 points total was a killer not to mention 3 turnovers. DCA had almost 400 yards passing and had there not been drops could have been 500 yards with a 150 yard rusher. A really egregious, and super dangerous, face mask that could have seriously injured our RB was going to be a 55 yard TD and a badly missed NO call with all of your linemen 8-10 yards downfield on a busted run, turn pass, play resulted in a converted third and long and a 15 yard penalty on our HC for pointing out how awful that no call was. Those were back breakers for sure. Yes there were missed calls for both teams and I’m sure you can point out some yourself. 

Again CA capitalized on those for sure and deserved the win. I think the DCA side feels like they would like another shot at CA based on all the miscues. DCA will correct the mental busts over these next 5 games. Lots of sophomores will grow up and I can guarantee you Sneed will play a bigger role than what just happened, as he develops in his sophomore year, if they play again.