DB vs Asheville (NC) ?

DBKPT93

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Question for Waco, I heard DB is making a change at qb this week.  Is this correct?

I haven't heard. The story was that he's the best QB between the two but didn't have a good enough grasp of the playbook yet. I suppose if he hasn't figured it out by now, he never will. This is the 5th game of the season. So, if you don't see him starting tonight it probably won't happen. Or there is a different reason he hasn't been out there. Which has been talked about. 

On 9/12/2023 at 12:28 PM, TribalEmpire said:

I hear a lot about Mount Airy.  On one of my trips down to Duke this season, I am going to try to go down a day early and catch Mount Airy on a Friday night.  Hear they have at least 8 D1 prospects.

Population demographics of geographical demographics, or both if you know what l mean?

20 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Based on everything being reported I'm going to agree with my Asheville friend:

DB             31
Asheville   13

Not that it matters, but Asheville is 1100+ students, half the size of DB

All you need to beat DB is a good offensive line a decent QB and a couple of decent receivers, or one very good receiver. If an offensive line gives the QB time to find his receivers I guarantee they'll be running wide open in DB's "so called" secondary. They couldn't cover a sloth. 

On 9/12/2023 at 11:14 AM, scott12 said:

Asheville is down this season, probably average 4a in NC.  I have live in east Tennessee for last 5 years, football in NC is lot stronger then Tennessee.  Probably biggest reason is demographics.

Is the reason population demographics or geographical demographics if you know what l mean?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I haven't heard. The story was that he's the best QB between the two but didn't have a good enough grasp of the playbook yet. I suppose if he hasn't figured it out by now, he never will. This is the 5th game of the season. So, if you don't see him starting tonight it probably won't happen. Or there is a different reason he hasn't been out there. Which has been talked about. 

I heard the same. Handing the keys to Maupin. 

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Sorry l replied to the wrong poster. I thought l was replying to scott12 that said NC HS football is better than Tennessee HS football because of demographics 

The link I posted would seem to show it’s not Demographics or Population wouldn’t be the reason why Mount Airy is usually pretty good. Historically they are one of the winningest high schools in the state. They have won 781 games. I also think NC football is little better. There is more depth of good teams in each class in NC. Now the top teams in each class in TN could play with the top teams in NC and they would be really goods games.