Springfield @ Portland

BruiseBrother98

1 minute ago, DbCooper said:

14-7 final Springfield. Sloppy game literally, the play and the conditions. Is what it is on a short week and rain soaked field. Got into the playoffs and go into the bye week to prepare for Gallatin. 

I figured the rain soaked field would be the premier excuse, what about the rest of the favorite teams tonight that went out in took care of business against lesser opponents, in the same conditions? 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

5 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I figured the rain soaked field would be the premier excuse, what about the rest of the favorite teams tonight that went out in took care of business in the same conditions?

They did what they did and we won. Doesn't matter to me if we win by a blow out or by 1. A win is a win. I will say the QB play has been lacking all year. The threat of passing is non-existent, rain or not. I’ll give credit to hunters lane, they played the inside hand off really well and fought until the end. 

Edited by DbCooper

2 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

They did what they did and we won. Doesn't matter to me if we win by a blow out or by 1. A win is a win. I will say the QB play has been lacking all year. The threat of passing is non-existent, rain or not. I’ll give credit to hunters lane, they played the inside hand off really well and fought until the end. 

I have no problem with the Jackets, just the part of the optimistic fan base that is holding on a cliff edge to the narrative that y’all are a good team or not a bad team. It is what it is, got to take that stuff on the chin rather than play dodgeball.

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I have no problem with the Jackets, just the part of the optimistic fan base that is holding on a cliff edge to the narrative that y’all are a good team or not a bad team. It is what it is, got to take that stuff on the chin rather than play dodgeball.

I will say that I think we played poorly tonight and unless we improve we will lose the next three in a row by significant scores

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Look at any of my post, I don’t hang on anything or have illusions of grandeur. I call a spade a spade. This team is way down from the past 6 years. It’s a down year for sure. Should this team win by more than what they did in this game; absolutely. Did they play poor enough to lose, absolutely. They’ve played up and down all year. They’ve been blown out by better teams and hung in and won and lost, against equal or less than teams. It’s the mark of a really young and inexperienced team. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

Look at any of my post, I don’t hang on anything or have illusions of grandeur. I call a spade a spade. This team is way down from the past 6 years. It’s a down year for sure. Should this team win by more than what they did in this game; absolutely. Did they play poor enough to lose, absolutely. They’ve played up and down all year. They’ve been blown out by better teams and hung in and won and lost, against equal or less than teams. It’s the mark of a really young and inexperienced team. 

THIS is the stance of pretty much all of us, we knew this was going to be a down year and it has been. I am not going to coat all of my replies with negativity like some believe I should, I will always take an optimistic approach because that is just who I am, not just when it comes to football, but anything, if someone does not like it they can cry about it on the message boards, I really dont care...lol

Just now, Kevin38 said:

THIS is the stance of pretty much all of us, we knew this was going to be a down year and it has been. I am not going to coat all of my replies with negativity like some believe I should, I will always take an optimistic approach because that is just who I am, not just when it comes to football, but anything, if someone does not like it they can cry about it on the message boards, I really dont care...lol

That’s a perfect definition of you. Walking through life like it’s a never ending field of dandelions… with a huge forced smile and a perfect skip. 

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

That’s a perfect definition of you. Walking through life like it’s a never ending field of dandelions… with a huge forced smile and a perfect skip. 

You completely took it the wrong way, but once again that is fine, I dont care...lol

Edited by Kevin38

12 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

i am a Jackets fan win or lose.  We will have better seasons once these players get some experience. Growing pains are tough but we all have had them 

• Like 1