Springfield @ Portland

BruiseBrother98

10 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Both statements can be true. Jackets are heating up. 
man’s Portland is finding its feet in 5A. 

But excited to travel to Springfield next Friday see the yellow jackets

wheres the must eat spot 

The Depot or Torino’s are the best.  Got to get there early Friday nights are crowded at these two 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

I know. Heard y’all have a great catfish dinner spot ? Ain’t been out to Springfield in 15+ years at the ole Walmart. 
Gonna move from tonight’s loss. I’ll provide some input in a couple days. 

Catfish is gooooood too. Its on Tom Austin Highway. Torino’s is on Memorial Blvd and The Depot is on Main Street downtown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eers said:

These three in order…

Depot
Catfish
Torinos 

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Agree!!

I was VERY disappointed with the SCBOE last night. I don't know how they can look the good, good people of Portland in the eye. The PHS home-side bleachers are virtually useable. The plumbing and electricity in the rest rooms is so bad that they were closed at halftime. This is inexcusable when you consider the Taj Mahl that was built at Liberty Creek

3 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I was VERY disappointed with the SCBOE last night. I don't know how they can look the good, good people of Portland in the eye. The PHS home-side bleachers are virtually useable. The plumbing and electricity in the rest rooms is so bad that they were closed at halftime. This is inexcusable when you consider the Taj Mahl that was built at Liberty Creek

Yes, it’s ridiculous.   The schools got 15 million so we will see how the cheapen out when they start building.  Beech needs a stadium that fits their nice field.  

3 hours ago, eers said:

These three in order…

Depot
Catfish
Torinos 

9 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Yes, it’s ridiculous.   The schools got 15 million so we will see how the cheapen out when they start building.  Beech needs a stadium that fits their nice field.  

I hope the Sumner County taxpayers pockets can stand the repairs that need to be made. Portland has a GREAT field that screams tradition like “The Wave Yard” (GHS) and Boyce Smith (SHS). The PHS folks, like the Beech folks, deserve some attention.