Admirals VS Dogs

Dawgz4life

52 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Bearden's starting rb was out, and he is a power 5 signee.  

As was sophomore offensive lineman Brody Smith, who already has an offer from Tennessee and several other P5 schools. Obviously those 2 make a difference in the offense. 

But, yeah. Injuries are part of the overall equation. 

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Bearden dominated the game more than the score showed. Farragut scored on a lucky block and the first drive of the game was propelled by a 4th down fake punt. Obviously they still had to get in the zone on the drive of the fake punt, but that was a big momentum swing early in the game. There is something to be said about a team just running the ball over and over and being able to win. Bearden was missing a RB & LT but knew it going into the week so they were able to prepare more for it than Farragut was when they lost their RB in game. 7 for Farragut looked great on D. He is a player. Wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get reps at RB if they are trying to get in the playoffs. After watching this game I don't think the Bearden vs Bradley game will be close. Bradley will be able to stop the run enough and can throw the ball when needed. 

Dominated? The game was 14-14 with a little over 2 mins to play. Farragut coach cost them a TD and Bearden couldn't capitalize on the onside kick to start the second half...pretty much summed up the game. Dominated is not a term anyone who watched that game would use. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Dominated? The game was 14-14 with a little over 2 mins to play. Farragut coach cost them a TD and Bearden couldn't capitalize on the onside kick to start the second half...pretty much summed up the game. Dominated is not a term anyone who watched that game would use. 

RB for Bearden ran the ball for 31 times. They dominated the line of scrimmage without their best RB and LT both who are P5 college guys. I said dominated more than the score showed, not just saying they dominated. The game was not as close as it seemed. Bearden never felt the need to throw the ball late because they knew they had control of the game at the LOS.

29 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

RB for Bearden ran the ball for 31 times. They dominated the line of scrimmage without their best RB and LT both who are P5 college guys. I said dominated more than the score showed, not just saying they dominated. The game was not as close as it seemed. Bearden never felt the need to throw the ball late because they knew they had control of the game at the LOS.

neither team could pass without a likely turnover.  Bearden didn't run it well enough to feel confident in the run.  At least that's not how i saw it.  Honestly feel like the majority of the remaining district games will be a struggle for both teams.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

In the end, Bearden looked like the better team, but not by a lot. Statistically, Farragut was better than Bearden in the first half. The Bulldogs had less than 100 total yards at the half, and I think half of those yards came on one pass play. That said, Farragut didn't do very much either in the first half.

Bearden was able to run the ball more effectively in the second half on a couple of drives, and that was about it. Neither team was a threat in the passing game, which was disappointing. I know Bearden is dealing with some injuries, but I think JJ was content to just make Farragut go the length of the field in the second half, because the Admirals couldn't do anything offensively after halftime. Kudos to Bearden's defense because Farragut had less than 50 total yards in the second half.

Not sure you watched the game, Farraguts DC cost them a touchdown and the lead heading into halftime. Game was tied at halftime, game was tied with a little over two mins to play. Both offenses struggled regardless of who was playing or not play. 29 carries for 143 is a solid night, 40 of those came one carry to win the game in the end. Both teams offense won't be giving advice anytime soon in regards to throwing the ball. Controlling the LOS of scrimmage is not going 3 and out majority of the possessions or the opposing LB having 21 tackles. 

Edited by JohnnyUtah

12 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

In the end, Bearden looked like the better team, but not by a lot. Statistically, Farragut was better than Bearden in the first half. The Bulldogs had less than 100 total yards at the half, and I think half of those yards came on one pass play. That said, Farragut didn't do very much either in the first half.

Bearden was able to run the ball more effectively in the second half on a couple of drives, and that was about it. Neither team was a threat in the passing game, which was disappointing. I know Bearden is dealing with some injuries, but I think JJ was content to just make Farragut go the length of the field in the second half, because the Admirals couldn't do anything offensively after halftime. Kudos to Bearden's defense because Farragut had less than 50 total yards in the second half.

The question to Josh after the game seemed as though Potts made you better than you made Potts. As neither Powell or Bearden can pass the ball since he left. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Not sure you watched the game, Farraguts DC cost them a touchdown and the lead heading into halftime. Game was tied at halftime, game was tied with a little over two mins to play. Both offenses struggled regardless of who was playing or not play. 29 carries for 143 is a solid night, 40 of those came one carry to win the game in the end. Both teams offense won't get giving advice anytime soon in regards to throwing the ball. Controlling the LOS of scrimmage is not going 3 and out majority of the possessions or the opposing LB having 21 tackles. 

When they needed to score/get first downs they got them. Someone has to get tackles on D unless every offensive play is a TD. Bearden did give up on the pass, but is that because they knew they did not need to or they couldn't. My guess is a little bit of both. They did not need to throw it but also couldn't at times. The DC costing them hurt the game but it was a flukey play anyway. 

16 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

When they needed to score/get first downs they got them. Someone has to get tackles on D unless every offensive play is a TD. Bearden did give up on the pass, but is that because they knew they did not need to or they couldn't. My guess is a little bit of both. They did not need to throw it but also couldn't at times. The DC costing them hurt the game but it was a flukey play anyway. 

Flukey? Farragut blocked another FG and ran it back. That's like saying it was "Flukey" for Farragut to go goal line at the 40 to stop the run and the kid pops one to win it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Flukey? Farragut blocked another FG and ran it back. That's like saying it was "Flukey" for Farragut to go goal line at the 40 to stop the run and the kid pops one to win it. 

Sometimes lightening strikes twice. The coach on the field was dumb on their part but go back and watch it on diamonclear. A bearden player looks to push the guy out. Ill save you time its time at 1:33:10

Sometimes lightening strikes twice. The coach on the field was dumb on their part but go back and watch it on diamonclear. A bearden player looks to push the guy out. Ill save you time its time at 1:33:10

Except the coach standing there and the player the coach was celebrating with . Bearden player didn't get him out of bounds, he got a hand on him...it was the trying to up the sideline with Coach and player there. 

*Bearden won the game and that is the only thing that matters. 

Edited by JohnnyUtah