Westview travels to Ripley

Primetime1

Major postseason implications in this one as a Region 7-3A team is guaranteed their first loss in addition to the fact that both schools will still have the gauntlet of Dyersburg and Covington on their remaining schedules. Prior to the start of the season I personally felt the winner of Dburg/Covington would be the 1 with the loser falling to the 2 with the winner of Westview/Ripley being the 3 seed. Typically by Week 6 I would have a better feel to a game but the jury is still out in my opinion. While both teams are a combined 7-3, their seven wins have come against teams all below .500 (Scotts Hill, Liberty twice, Dyer County, South Side, Bolivar, McNairy) while the three losses have come against teams .500+ (Dresden, Obion, Crockett). Granted, Dresden, Obion, and Crockett are above average teams. 

Since common opponent comes into play here with both teams winning at Liberty in consecutive weeks with similar scores (Westview won 42-6 and Ripley won 48-6) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that unless Westview was keeping something out of the scouting film that the final score will be much tighter than 49-14.

• Like 1

I’m interested in this Region 7-3A matchup because Covington will play both of these teams later in the season. Westview is favored, as far as I can see. Massey predicts them to win 34-14. Cal-preps, however, has a much closer prediction, with Westview winning 28-20.

I will be interested to see which prediction comes closer to the actual score. Ripley has been known to play pretty tough at Tiny Knee Stadium. It’s an interesting venue, with the way fans can park in their cars on the visitor side and in the North endzone and watch from their vehicles. It’s the only place I’ve been where I’m sitting in the visitor stands and there is a row of cars behind me and folks in them up higher than the stands.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

27 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I’m interested in this Region 7-3A matchup because Covington will play both of these teams later in the season. Westview is favored, as far as I can see. Massey predicts them to win 34-14. Cal-preps, however, has a much closer prediction, with Westview winning 28-20.

I will be interested to see which prediction comes closer to the actual score. Ripley has been known to play pretty tough at Tiny Knee Stadium. It’s an interesting venue, with the way fans can park in their cars on the visitor side and in the North endzone and watch from their vehicles. It’s the only place I’ve been where I’m sitting in the visitor stands and there is a row of cars behind me and folks in them up higher than the stands.

It will be over by halftime. The View has it figured out now. Next week decides Region Champ. Covington way down this year. Plus historically after the first 6 weeks grades comes out Covington is usually in trouble any way!

Haven't seen Ripley, so take this for what it is worth... nobody on Westview's team is a jaw dropping talent, but they have starters (and subs) in every position who simply get their jobs done. Blocking, running, throwing, catching, and playing defense... hard to beat a team that sound fundamentally with good athletes. My best guess is that the Chargers win... by how much is up to Ripley and their effort.

Just now, tradertwo said:

Haven't seen Ripley, so take this for what it is worth... nobody on Westview's team is a jaw dropping talent, but they have starters (and subs) in every position who simply get their jobs done. Blocking, running, throwing, catching, and playing defense... hard to beat a team that sound fundamentally with good athletes. My best guess is that the Chargers win... by how much is up to Ripley and their effort.

Seen Ripley, not impressed. I haven’t seen Westview but I believe they win this game unless I missed something with Ripley 

16 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

Westview starts Region play back up this Week. Need to stay focused on this game and not look ahead to next week against Dyersburg. Ripley is improved from last year but Westview is clicking on all cylinders now Westview wins 49 to 14. 

Westview beats Ripley by the same margin they beat Liberty by? Curious what made you predict that? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

Westview beats Ripley by the same margin they beat Liberty by? Curious what made you predict that? 

It was a running clock in second quarter, all starters were out at half. Never tried to score second half. They won't be able to stop Donteze. He is a sophomore and already getting looks from SEC schools