William Blount hosts Science Hill

GovForce1

The Govs come back to reality in the coming weeks with SH, DB, and JC on the schedule. Honestly, though, I don’t blame them for scheduling those cupcake teams, especially when they didn’t even win 1 single game last season. Those boys needed something to boost their morale, which I’m sure was deep down in the pits after last season.

9 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

I don’t blame them either. However, people should understand that beating bad teams doesn’t make your team good. 

Yeah, I get that, too. BUT, on the other hand, I don’t blame GF, and the BarberShop for getting a little excited. I would’ve too if The Ridge had of been that bad the season before and reeled off a few wins, no matter how bad the opposition was we played.

Edited by SweetScience

29 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, I get that, too. BUT, on the other hand, I don’t blame GF, and the BarberShop for getting a little excited. I would’ve too if The Ridge had of been that bad the season before and reeled off a few wins, no matter how bad the opposition was we played.

Speaking of the Cats, what happened at MC?

4 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Speaking of the Cats, what happened at MC?

A combination of McMinn having a really good D, bad misfortune, 2 dropped wide open TD passes, Rang getting ejected in the 3rd quarter, and a plethora of other things, not to mention some VERY questionable calls, and I’m definitely not one to ever complain about refereeing, but anytime we had a good play…….flag. Was just one of those nights man. With all that said, they deserve credit for beating us. Defense definitely played well enough to win, but the O was just lethargic all night and could never get in a rhythm. Hopefully we rebound Friday night.

18 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

A combination of McMinn having a really good D, bad misfortune, 2 dropped wide open TD passes, Rang getting ejected in the 3rd quarter, and a plethora of other things, not to mention some VERY questionable calls, and I’m definitely not one to ever complain about refereeing, but anytime we had a good play…….flag. Was just one of those nights man. With all that said, they deserve credit for beating us. Defense definitely played well enough to win, but the O was just lethargic all night and could never get in a rhythm. Hopefully we rebound Friday night.

Athens officials can see a game different for sure

9 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Athens officials can see a game different for sure

That has always been the word about it down there, and I’ve been there a number of times to watch OR play. Like I said, I’m not one to complain about that stuff usually, but it was pretty bad, I will say that. I know the MC fans don’t like to hear that, but usually where there’s smoke, there’s a little bit of fire there. It has a reputation. Like they say, with every stereotype, there’s some amount of truth to them. I give them all the credit, though, they’re a tough bunch and will hit you HARD. They don’t miss many tackles. Very well coached defense, for sure. I give them props.