Mt. Pleasant @ Lewis Co

TheWolf

1 hour ago, Salem said:

FWIW, last year's Mt. Pleasant team was the most physical team we've played in the last 4-5 seasons. And that list includes Lewis, Waverly, Riverside, Marion, East Robertson, etc. Tigers should take care of business Friday as long as they don't self destruct with penalties or turnovers.

Totally agree 

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Oh now, @tradertwoyou know I do possess some football acumen. But, if I can, I will throw that jab in there, however slight, if I can.

I'm still not sure if my point was fully understood in the above post but, this is what makes football so interesting and why it is played from the high school to college level. So, for the next two days and one hour and fifteen minutes, as it relates to this game, is Loretto that good or, is Hohenwald (Back) to the Hohenwald ways of the past 30 years?

If Hohenwald wins Friday, Loretto is top dog and quite possibly legit (at least for this year) but, if Hohenwald loses, it doesn't really speak well for the new coaching regime. However, until the season plays out, we won't really know about Loretto. 

I do have a question though; since neither Riverside nor Chapel Hill is on their schedule (especially region schedule) will Loretto be scooted on over to a region further West, especially if they are dominant the rest of the season? Now, another hypothesis, if you will indulged me; if Chapel Hill doesn't improve (General has been awfully hard on the coach and results the past several years) will they be placed back into the same region as Hohenwald? I'm pretty sure we will not see Riverside on their schedule including region for the foreseeable future!

Post Script: Two trips to the 'ship back to back!

Just my opinion, but I think that Loretto is good (not sure just how good), Lewis Co. isn't as good as last season (not many Derek Rang caliber coaches out there), and MTP has the potential to wreck a really good team's playoffs (discipline and team play still questionable) if they come together as a team.

Regional placements are (and have been) all over the place..."my" team has gone from District 15A (Jackson privates, Middleton, Adamsville, Riverside) to Region 5 (LC, Waverly, Hickman &East, and Loretto) to R6 (Mostly same as 5 minus a couple and add a couple) and now to playing Ripley, Dyersburg, and Covington (among others). Not complaining about the level of competition at all, just maintaining rivalries and gate money while cutting travel would be nice. West to Covington & Ripley, North from Dyersburg & Westview, East from Waverly & the Hickman schools and finally Southeast to Loretto and back around to Middleton in the Southwest...draw a line around our District/Region opponents of the last ten years and you have a circle of proportions massive enough to almost reach Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, and Kentucky, not to mention halfway across the middle grand division of our state. If LC can somehow influence TSSAA to make their Region travel and gate money work out in their favor, I'll commend them for it!

Loretto won by 3 at home after losing a Senior QB, where their Sophomore backup outplayed LC Junior QB 

I would agree with the loss of the short lived Coach Rang led staff and losing massive production at WR with Dyer Barnes, it’s easy for LC to take a step back 

If Mt. Pleasant doesn’t turn the ball over more than a couple times it could be well within the Tigers reach here to upset the Panthers on the road 

First, Loretto and Lewis are both good teams. The question is how good? LC out gained Loretto in total yards 52-458 to 51-285, but Loretto was able to hold LC inside the 5 twice by roughing them up and also forced 3 ints. I have seen MP against Wayne Co and both Lewis and Loretto are capable of beating them, if they continue to implode. No doubt that MP is the most talented team with more team speed than both LC and Loretto or any other team in the region. LC will have to play flawlessly to win. The jury is still out on LC because of the inconsistency in their play.