Battle of Champions - Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

30 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Fact. He told Region 2 teams in 4A that Alcoa had requested to move to 4A three days before the new reclassification came out. The majority of the region 2 teams moved to 5A, leaving only Union County in that region. This would have required long travel and too many out of region games. Alcoa moved back to 3A. Pure garbage to tell teams, and give them time to RUN.

Facts

• Like 1

Just now, 1OldPatriot said:

Not true. DB refuses to reschedule JC game after 2 hr rain delay. TSSAA told Jeff they could forfeit or wait to play. Kickoff at 10pm. I was in the room to hear the call

I worded it wrong. TSSAA requires both coaches to agree as you stated. BUT, the host Superintendent can call a game for "safety reasons" And over-ride coaches decision. That's who made the call at Greeneville. His reason he did not want kids out after 12:00.  Alcoa agreed to travel at their expense Friday or Saturday. Alcoa would LOVED to finish that game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I worded it wrong. TSSAA requires both coaches to agree as you stated. BUT, the host Superintendent can call a game for "safety reasons" And over-ride coaches decision. That's who made the call at Greeneville. His reason he did not want kids out after 12:00.  Alcoa agreed to travel at their expense Friday or Saturday. Alcoa would LOVED to finish that game.

Thanks for clearing that up BC! :thumb:

19 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Turtle you seem to be a cool feller, but you sure do come across as a BIG SISSY CRY BABY sometimes. 

Got Donkey Stomped 42-0 this year, jumped on West coat tails, lost again, now whining about Fulton. Wow. sad. 

Hahahahaha, West Alumni here.... Not butt hurt about AE losing to yall 42-0, and I'm just speaking facts that you all are truly saying is not true.  I'm speaking of years 2012-2014.  The years Fulton was beating everybody 70-7 or 70-0...  

And honestly, I like roughing yall feathers yall didn't make a post this year to talk about the Alcoa at AE game so I jumped on this one  hahah

15 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

In fairness to Turt, I’d be A LOT BUTT HURT too if I had to sit through that nightmare every Friday night with the combo of beating drums for 2 1/2 hours. At least Alcoa has helped him out with the running clock! :lol:

Stop recruiting Knoxville players/our players and I'll quit complaining hahaha.  But come out during basketball season, then talk because even in our down years in basketball we still beat Alcoa 

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2023 at 12:52 AM, 1OldPatriot said:

I watched them in a scrimmage against JC. Their QB play was awful and they had no running game 

Again congrats on beating us in that scrimmage. Maybe a shirt can be made in honor of that win now.

By the way how did our QB look on his two td passes in the championship game? Or the fact our tailback rushed for over 1000 yards and 18 tds even with missing 2 and a half games on the year? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 2

On 9/30/2023 at 7:20 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Clapping GIFs | Tenor

BC, Congrats on another Title. How does Cloud 9 feel? Im sure incredible bc back 2 back feels wonderful for my Rebels and I!

As for our buddy 1oldpatriot - looks like I was right! No title again for them and didnt get past the second round.

Moral of the story - bulletin board material is a heckuva thing!

Merry Christmas and we will see you at Pistol Creek next season.

Edited by WestHigh4Life