Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

I'm sure there's already a topic over on the 4A board, but I'm starting one over here on the 6A since we're the home team.  

Betsy trounced East tonight while the Tribe trounced East too, just not the one from Sullivan County.

Honestly, I think this game should be on the schedule every year.  Glad it's finally on there this year even though the cards probably favor the Cyclones.

I vouch for Sykes to get the start at QB.  Thought he played great tonight in the action he saw.

I came over last week to watch the Tribe face Asheville. Drake Fisher at Sully East was supposed to be this great passer. But when you’re running for your life, it’s kinda difficult. Betsy stops the run on the way to the QB. DB’s can play short or vertical. LB play is downhill. They wake up choosing violence every day. The O-line will methodically wear you down and you have to respect the pass. This may be the best TEAM Football going on in this area. You have a few stars but everyone seems to step up. 
How do you think DB will deal with this? Oh. And it will be like a home game for us. I guarantee we will pack the house with rowdy cowbell ringing fans. I think we’ve had more fans than all of our hosts this season! What say y’all? ;) 

1 hour ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

Yeah but their band though....

Elizabethton Fighting Cyclone Marching Band, The Betsy Band, is defending division 2 Tennessee State Champions. And they’ve won 5 state championships in recent history. But, go on and tell me about how big DB’s band is……

Edited by BigDaddyDave

21 minutes ago, Jduggie said:

This one will get chippy quick.

Look back at recent history.

2019-scrimmage doesn’t go DB’s way and after a questionable hit on Cade Maupin (DB transfer to Betsy) a huge fight breaks out.

2021-Down at the Gunslinger 7v7 Challenge, Betsy 15 and under squad was undefeated and couldn’t be stopped. The were offered the opportunity to move up and play in the high school division to actually be challenged. Their first game was against the Tribe, coached by some ex NFL guy. (GS is the bomb) they laughed at the “kids” as we walked in. We laughed as we walked out. 

2023-In local 7v7 this year, Betsy split their squads. And I don’t recall ever loosing to the Tribe. Even with backup QB’s playing.

So there is recent history there. And then theirs always this too. 6A schools don’t like loosing to 4A schools. And everyone gets up for games against teams like Betsy and Greeneville. Emotions will be high!

12 minutes ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

nerd-emoji.jpg

This game means something to Betsy. Their band is sick and tired of hearing about DB’s huge band. The team is sick and tired of hearing how DB could beat them every year when DB can’t even beat Science Hill or Greeneville, who Betsy has owned in recent years. And as a former member of both the band and football team, I’m looking forward to this too. Of course, it’s been 35yrs since I played or marched. And the last time Betsy defeated the Tribe was also 35yrs ago. (1988) Time to break that mark. 

Please don’t not compare bands. They were both in the same competition last year and DB beat them. The big bands don’t go to that so called state championship you pay to get in. As far as the game if DB runs the ball 90% of the time they have a chance to win. Also idk EHS has owned Greeneville? 

Edited by Tab
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Look back at recent history.

2019-scrimmage doesn’t go DB’s way and after a questionable hit on Cade Maupin (DB transfer to Betsy) a huge fight breaks out.

2021-Down at the Gunslinger 7v7 Challenge, Betsy 15 and under squad was undefeated and couldn’t be stopped. The were offered the opportunity to move up and play in the high school division to actually be challenged. Their first game was against the Tribe, coached by some ex NFL guy. (GS is the bomb) they laughed at the “kids” as we walked in. We laughed as we walked out. 

2023-In local 7v7 this year, Betsy split their squads. And I don’t recall ever loosing to the Tribe. Even with backup QB’s playing.

So there is recent history there. And then theirs always this too. 6A schools don’t like loosing to 4A schools. And everyone gets up for games against teams like Betsy and Greeneville. Emotions will be high!

7 on 7 isn’t real football. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Eliz  21

DB  13

Cyclones have a proven track record in recent years, who could argue that

I think DB might have an Ace but I think they're afraid to pull it.  Or will pull it too late. You have to give the edge to Elizabethton. Coaching and preparation will be worth 14 points in this game.