Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Let's make a statement and then you guys take a shot at it.... or maybe you will agree with it...

Elizabethton has everything to gain and nothing to lose, for DB it is just the opposite.    Meaning:

• If DB wins then it's like "Well yeah sure, they are 3x the size, they should win 10 out of 10 times..."
  • If DB loses then it's like "Whoa, big boy 6A Goliath gets humbled by David"

I'm still predicting Elizabethton 21-13 and it could be even more.

BTW, are you Cyclone guys ok with an estranged Blazer joining you for this one?

Blazer your always welcome to join the Cyclones nation.I ride with the Slagle family and set with them which happens to be our QB.Been friends with them since we moved to Elizabethton in 1981.

9 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Blazer your always welcome to join the Cyclones nation.I ride with the Slagle family and set with them which happens to be our QB.Been friends with them since we moved to Elizabethton in 1981.

Steve and I were on the last team to beat DB back in 1988. His Junior and my Senior year. And yes. There were Sensabaugh kids in the team! LOL

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Let's make a statement and then you guys take a shot at it.... or maybe you will agree with it...

Elizabethton has everything to gain and nothing to lose, for DB it is just the opposite.    Meaning:

• If DB wins then it's like "Well yeah sure, they are 3x the size, they should win 10 out of 10 times..."

More is better. We may even find you a cowbell and show you how to use it. If we get enough people in, we might displace their band. Or we can just sit on the home side and hit them with the cowbell surround sound! ;) 

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

More is better. We may even find you a cowbell and show you how to use it. If we get enough people in, we might displace their band. Or we can just sit on the home side and hit them with the cowbell surround sound! ;) 

35 minutes ago, backfromthedead said:

Haha!! Awful early for this, but when's the last time you actually bought a ticket and entered J Fred on a Friday night . (Only football games, not fun fest or pride night)

Haha!! You started it. Sept. 15, but the ticket was free. You'd probably know a little more about what happens during the game if you didn't spend all your time looking for me. Stalker. 

11 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Steve and I were on the last team to beat DB back in 1988. His Junior and my Senior year. And yes. There were Sensabaugh kids in the team! LOL

That was a good squad Dave. You beat us (GHS) like a drum that year 27-0 ouch. Question, were you senior oriented that year. I was in my 13th year of coaching at that time.

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

That was a good squad Dave. You beat us (GHS) like a drum that year 27-0 ouch. Question, were you senior oriented that year. I was in my 13th year of coaching at that time.

On offense, we had 2 Juniors. On Defense we had 3 Juniors. The rest were all Seniors. I played right Guard. On my Facebook page you can find a picture of the Seniors in my pictures. David Lacy. Those years put the bug in the TSSAA ear about expanding the classification system. We didn’t make the playoffs even with a 9-1 record and being ranked in top 10 in the state. Only had A-AAA so only 2 teams from each Region made the playoffs. Three way tie with SH and TN High. The third tiebreaker was our non conference game. We beat G’ville but their record was the worst of the three (Unicoi and VA High), even though G-Men beat Unicoi. And Unicoi was 2A while you all were 3A. We played the toughest schedule and got punished for it. Maybe we should have played a 1A team? 

Edited by BigDaddyDave

19 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Howard graduated in 88 because I ask him today.He just told me at church he was class 87-88 and you were 88-89.

Edited by lawnman