Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

7 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Elizabethton was told today that no cowbells or artificial noise makers allowed tonight at game.What a joke but doesn’t surprise me at all.

I’ll say that has been a rule at DB for a while I remember about 10 or so years ago when the vuvuzelas became very popular because of the World Cup. People tried bringing them to some DB games and they shut it down immediately. 

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

It doesn’t really matter to me but some of our fans will hate not having there cowbell’s.

Really DB? No video tonight! No Tom Taylor. Not your own broadcast or even NFHS? What are you trying to hide? I guess I wouldn’t want anyone to see the booty whoop-n you about to get either. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to video it myself. 

And now I’ve been told we can’t bring our cowbells. They have their band sitting in the visitors section. And to add insult to injury, they are having their alumni band and seating them in the visitors section also. They only sent us 1,000 tickets. This is a really bad look for 6A DB. Maybe next year, we will only allow you to bring a pep band. Bunch of Chickens! LOL

12 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Really DB? No video tonight! No Tom Taylor. Not your own broadcast or even NFHS? What are you trying to hide? I guess I wouldn’t want anyone to see the booty whoop-n you about to get either. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to video it myself. 

And now I’ve been told we can’t bring our cowbells. They have their band sitting in the visitors section. And to add insult to injury, they are having their alumni band and seating them in the visitors section also. They only sent us 1,000 tickets. This is a really bad look for 6A DB. Maybe next year, we will only allow you to bring a pep band. Bunch of Chickens! LOL

Dave I’ve been told there is and app on phone and that’s all I will say.  :grin:

16 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Cronic Complainer or it's just that time of the month for you? You have the better team and you're favored to win. Just come and watch the game and cheer for your team like the rest of the world does. Do you get some kind of special powers from a cowbell? 

34 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

They are live streaming it on YouTube, like they do every home game...

• Like 1

I have to admit it,I'm no fan of cowbell's myself. I know about every fan base has them ,including the devils,but they are not for me. Goes back to a game myself and I think BVD were at between UT and Mississippi state.Yes, we were pretty much in their section and maybe my own fault for being there.Maybe it was just one ring to many and right in my face.That said,I asked the guy nice to put it away and he done so,at least that's the way I'll say it today.

10 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I have to admit it,I'm no fan of cowbell's myself. I know about every fan base has them ,including the devils,but they are not for me. Goes back to a game myself and I think BVD were at between UT and Mississippi state.Yes, we were pretty much in their section and maybe my own fault for being there.Maybe it was just one ring to many and right in my face.That said,I asked the guy nice to put it away and he done so,at least that's the way I'll say it today.

Batman our fan base loves them and they make a lot of noise during the game.

19 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Cronic Complainer or it's just that time of the month for you? You have the better team and you're favored to win. Just come and watch the game and cheer for your team like the rest of the world does. Do you get some kind of special powers from a cowbell? 

If we did everything like the rest of the world does, we’d be like the rest of the world. We are built different. We cheer differently too. BVD told me us and G’ville both travel well. But he wished his fan base would be half as enthusiastic as ours. I don’t expect people outside of it to understand. By the way, thanks for the heads up on the YouTube live stream info, whoever that was. I always like to listen to the other teams call. It’s fun to hear them. The guys from William Blount are really good to listen to. I listen to them sometimes even though we are not playing them anymore. And I was told the guy for DB is pretty good too. Same guy that is one of the guest pickers on WCYB Sports I believe? Steve maybe?