D2 week 7

theawesomebro

MTCS (6-0) at south pitt (6-0) - MTCS off a huge win on the road against a tough opponent!  this game is super intriguing!  I bet MTCS is the underdog here but would love to hear your thoughts.

christian bros (st louis) (3-2) at LA (2-3) - hopefully LA gets one OOS win this year!  I think the pieces are coming together and we should have DL monster tony carter back.  we missed him terribly and our pressure was non existent without him.

baylor (5-1) at mccallie (6-0) - D2-AAA game of the week for sure.  baylor looked beatable in the second half against BA but I hope they beat mccallie to give LA a path to some home playoff games.  : )

davidson academy (6-0) at FRA (6-0) - the D2-AA game of the week.  FRA got a nice win vs east nash but their d gave up some chunk plays and DA has weapons.  im still going with FRA.

thoughts?  other interesting games?

MTCS at SP will be a great game. Both can hurt you with multiple weapons. Both have speed and size. If MTCS can't get pressure and the secondary is loose, it could be a long night. SP will be playing against an O they ran forever, and the Cougars have a stable of backs besides the Wilson boy that can move the ball. It may all come down to turnovers. SP at home is a big advantage, Cougars have not seen that type of atmosphere.

McCallie pull it out. It will come down to the last minutes of the game in a tight one.

Think you are right with FRA.

Lipscomb beats cbhs out of stl. they are not as good as usual and its a home game for LA. la had week off to get healthy and prepare. they have a few weeks off to get ready for BA. mba and catholic are snoozers before ba and then mccallie for the finale

Ba host clearwater. another game to get them back to normal BA football. BA will win easily. 

CAK at CCS will be a good game. strong running game against a good passing team. neither defense is great. big game as far as seeding. 

Catholic at mba is an intriguing game. mba is not very good offensively, but can run the ball. catholic is not very good against the run. catholic is putting up big numbers in the air and mba looks to be struggling in the secondary. mba has played a much tougher schedule to this point and could be the difference. mba at home helps, but going with catholic in the upset. 

DA at FRA is the best game in middle tn. everyone saying FRA is the team to beat right now. DA is well coached and has played tougher competition and are home. im taking DA as they pull away late. 

Baylor at mccallie is the best game in the state. 25 in the country hosting. mccallie is playing well and dominating the line of scrimmage on o and d. they run the ball as well as anyone in D2. baylor has played good early in games and lost the second half against lipscomb and ba. they will have to put together two good halves to beat mccallie. im taking mccallie at home by a late td. 

mus back in nashville at father ryan, two trips to nashville back to back is terrible by the scheduling gods. mus should be to much for fr. mus had a big win at ensworth and looks to be the favorite to win the west division. 

cbhs hosting briarcrest, both teams got back in the win column last week. this is to stay out of the east cellar. i think briarcrest will be to strong for cbhs, but i think it stays close til late in 4th q and bchs' run game proves to be to much. 

jackson christian and FACS may score 120 points combined. both offenses can put up points in a hurry. jcs is battled tested and beat facs in a shootout. im still not sure facs can put up the points it needs to to beat jcs. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ChatterBox99 said:

jackson christian and FACS may score 120 points combined. both offenses can put up points in a hurry. jcs is battled tested and beat facs in a shootout. im still not sure facs can put up the points it needs to to beat jcs. 

JCS will mercy rule FACS in the first half should they want to. Let's be honest, outside of JCS,TCA, and FA, the schedule FACS has is full of teams you would schedule for homecoming.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:54 PM, ReitzFan said:

JCS will mercy rule FACS in the first half should they want to. Let's be honest, outside of JCS,TCA, and FA, the schedule FACS has is full of teams you would schedule for homecoming.

As posted on Facebook. The teams y'all have wins against are a combined 3-14. Chill out 

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

3 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

As posted on Facebook. The teams y'all have wins against are a combined 3-14. Chill out 

Dude, you should know what your talking about. The point of the discussion I was having had nothing to do with the records of teams my school has wins against. I'll speak slowly for you. 5 games were listed as West Tennessee  GOTW. My point was that there were better games to choose instead of ONE of the picks that guy made. Nothing more, nothing less. The owner of that site did ask the question, "What do you think?" That question is inviting responses is my interpretation. I gave a response and he didnt like it. Your school is familiar to the opponant of JCS this week.  They beat yall 19-14. Until Friday, your team was the toughest opponant FACS played. Outside of your team FACS has outscored their other opponants 259-17 and those teams have combined for 4 wins on the season. I will stand by my statement that the game in question will be a running clock. If it is not, I'm man enough to come back and eat my crow. If I'm right, will you do the same?

13 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Dude, you should know what your talking about. The point of the discussion I was having had nothing to do with the records of teams my school has wins against. I'll speak slowly for you. 5 games were listed as West Tennessee  GOTW. My point was that there were better games to choose instead of ONE of the picks that guy made. Nothing more, nothing less. The owner of that site did ask the question, "What do you think?" That question is inviting responses is my interpretation. I gave a response and he didnt like it. Your school is familiar to the opponant of JCS this week.  They beat yall 19-14. Until Friday, your team was the toughest opponant FACS played. Outside of your team FACS has outscored their other opponants 259-17 and those teams have combined for 4 wins on the season. I will stand by my statement that the game in question will be a running clock. If it is not, I'm man enough to come back and eat my crow. If I'm right, will you do the same?

How does one leave out a matchup of undefeated teams this late in the season? Your problem is you always try to belittle other teams accomplishments if they don't have a purple T on their helmet. The same way you were crying about Riverside being too loud while your team was running their offense. Always an excuse or reason something didn't go their way and never a tip of the cap. And what am I supposed to eat crow about? Where did I make a prediction? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

How does one leave out a matchup of undefeated teams this late in the season? Your problem is you always try to belittle other teams accomplishments if they don't have a purple T on their helmet. The same way you were crying about Riverside being too loud while your team was running their offense. Always an excuse or reason something didn't go their way and never a tip of the cap. And what am I supposed to eat crow about? Where did I make a prediction? 

I look at a team's body of work. No offense to FACS but their schedule to date has not been impressive when considering considering the overall results of their opponants sans WC. 

I will once again speak slowly so that you might understand. I NEVER complained about the crowd at Riverside being too loud. Not once. What I did complain about was one RHS fan who at key moments would blow a high pitched air horn right as we snapped the ball on several occasions in an attempt to influence the outcome of a play. He succeeded on two consecutive plays. A loud crowd is part of the game and I wish more crowds were like that. Using artificial noise makers like high pitched air horns to distract the opposing team should be illegal and is at the least very  unethical.  By the way, as soon as the game ended, I publicly congratulated RHS players on a couple of forums and personally congratulated several RHS fans while walking out of the facility. With the exception of the air horn blowing, my experience at RHS was very pleasant and well documented. 

If my prediction is correct, you could eat crow by saying I was correct as you have taken time to criticize me. I will be more than willing to eat crow should I be proven wrong on the field. 

Good luck this weekend.

21 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I look at a team's body of work. No offense to FACS but their schedule to date has not been impressive when considering considering the overall results of their opponants sans WC. 

I will once again speak slowly so that you might understand. I NEVER complained about the crowd at Riverside being too loud. Not once. What I did complain about was one RHS fan who at key moments would blow a high pitched air horn right as we snapped the ball on several occasions in an attempt to influence the outcome of a play. He succeeded on two consecutive plays. A loud crowd is part of the game and I wish more crowds were like that. Using artificial noise makers like high pitched air horns to distract the opposing team should be illegal and is at the least very  unethical.  By the way, as soon as the game ended, I publicly congratulated RHS players on a couple of forums and personally congratulated several RHS fans while walking out of the facility. With the exception of the air horn blowing, my experience at RHS was very pleasant and well documented. 

If my prediction is correct, you could eat crow by saying I was correct as you have taken time to criticize me. I will be more than willing to eat crow should I be proven wrong on the field. 

Good luck this weekend.

So I'm supposed to eat crow even though I think JCS will win? Like what? And if you think you have a valid complaint file it with the tssaa. Your bellyaching on tcas behalf kinda makes tca look bad in all of this. I mean that and that and the stomping incident during the game but we'll sweep that under the rug I reckon.