Region 7-3A Standings

CHARGERFAN

39 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Sheffield is a lock for the #1 seed as they have beaten 2-3-4. I haven’t taken the time to see how impressive their resume is. 

All I know is that have a player named Jackson who evidently plays every position, has amazing stats, and is in the running for Mr. football.

27 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

All I know is that have a player named Jackson who evidently plays every position, has amazing stats, and is in the running for Mr. football.

I’m presuming this is him:

https://www.unapproved website.com/tn/memphis/sheffield-knights/athletes/radarious-jackson/football/stats/?careerid=rd3euqfa409n7

5 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Yep that’s the player. 

But, I have looked at the Sonny-Moore power rankings for the current top four teams in these two regions. They are:

7-3A

Dyersburg 129.29

Covington 121.26

Westview 111.25

Ripley 110.65

8-3A

Sheffield 93.38

Bolton 94.32

Hamilton 87.35

East 88.96

Comparing Sheffield versus Ripley, Ripley is ranked about 17 points better than the best team in 8-3A. These playoffs will be interesting.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yep that’s the player. 

But, I have looked at the Sonny-Moore power rankings for the current top four teams in these two regions. They are:

7-3A

Dyersburg 129.29

Covington 121.26

Westview 111.25

Ripley 110.65

8-3A

Sheffield 93.38

Bolton 94.32

Hamilton 87.35

East 88.96

Comparing Sheffield versus Ripley, Ripley is ranked about 17 points better than the best team in 8-3A. These playoffs will be interesting.

Sweep.

With several Region 7-3A schools having open dates this week, there are only two games between region teams. Massey predicts a couple of blow-out results. These would not affect current region standings, unless there were a significant upset. 

Predicted scores:

Dyersburg 42

Scotts Hill 7
and

McNairy Central 40

Liberty Magnet 20

41 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Plenty of tickets available if you want to go. Premium parking, too!

Yep, but I recommend that you take your own refreshments. Liberty concession stand only takes credit cards (no cash). And, to buy something you have to scan their QR code, then type in credit card info, your address, find their menu online, order what you want, then go to the concession stand and claim your stuff. To buy two soft drinks took me a good 10 minutes. It’s the most convoluted system I ever saw. 

And, the two drinks cost me $6.50.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

8 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yep, but I recommend that you take your own refreshments. Liberty concession stand only takes credit cards (no cash). And, to buy something you have to scan their QR code, then type in credit card info, your address, find their menu online, order what you want, then go to the concession stand and claim your stuff. To buy two soft drinks took me a good 10 minutes. It’s the most convoluted system I ever saw. 

Most ridiculous thing I’ve heard of lately! 

17 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

You'll be better off heading to the Sonic or Burger King down the street and come right back.

Are they still doing that GoFan thing? If so, I think it's becoming borderline ridiculous if schools do that. No offense if Covington does that.

42 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You'll be better off heading to the Sonic or Burger King down the street and come right back.

Are they still doing that GoFan thing? If so, I think it's becoming borderline ridiculous if schools do that. No offense if Covington does that.

Both Liberty and Bolivar were doing GoFan electronic tickets only.  I have season tickets, so don’t have to buy tickets for our home games, but I have seen folks paying cash at Covington this year.  Paid cash at Munford and at Dyersburg, as I recall.