2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

32 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

The 2A State Champion will be the team that survives this quad.  

You're looking at potential 1st Round Matchups if a bracket were released today:

Waverly/Huntingdon

Mount Pleasant/Milan

Parsons Riverside/Lewis County

Peabody/Loretto

If those games were played this Friday night, every store, restaurant, online service and T.V. station would be closed!  

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The 2A State Champion will be the team that survives this quad.  

You're looking at potential 1st Round Matchups if a bracket were released today:

Waverly/Huntingdon

Mount Pleasant/Milan

Parsons Riverside/Lewis County

Peabody/Loretto

I mean honestly this has to be the best first round games in the state either way you look at it!! 

7 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

#1. Huntingdon vs #4. Waverly

#2. Riverside vs #3. Mount Pleasant 

#1. Loretto vs #4. Peabody

#2. Lewis vs #3. Milan 

lol that’s the way I see it playing out.

You've had that bracket for some time now.

But my question is:  aren't there 4 teams vying for the #1 seed in your region?  Looks like there are.  

Looking at 5AA Mount Pleasant is by far the most athletic and talented team. They are the team that is most likely to have a big upset in the playoffs. Loretto has more speed than they have had in the past, but their inconsistency is in question. Lewis county is a mixture of experience and youth. Starting two freshman and three sophomores has shown early in the year, but it is my believe that they are the best team in the region today. Waverly is Waverly, and I would not count them out, even though they are playing a lot of young people they have play makers. The matchup in the playoffs will be interesting. I am not ready to predict who will win yet, but I do not believe that region six is as dominant over region five as most would think.

18 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Looking at 5AA Mount Pleasant is by far the most athletic and talented team. They are the team that is most likely to have a big upset in the playoffs. Loretto has more speed than they have had in the past, but their inconsistency is in question. Lewis county is a mixture of experience and youth. Starting two freshman and three sophomores has shown early in the year, but it is my believe that they are the best team in the region today. Waverly is Waverly, and I would not count them out, even though they are playing a lot of young people they have play makers. The matchup in the playoffs will be interesting. I am not ready to predict who will win yet, but I do not believe that region six is as dominant over region five as most would think.

Isn’t Loretto and Mt Pleasants starting QBs OUT?

2A and this quadrant III is wide opened this year

Lets see...

Huntingdon made the 2A semis last year so they might pick up where they left off

Waverly is always Dangerous

Lewis County can be Dangerous when playing Right

Riverside made the Title game so they could Finish the Job

Milan is always in the mix

Loretto AND Mt. Pleasant are Dangerous with Room for Growth and I think one of them comes out of the Quad

Peabody still finding their groove in class 2A, however of the 8 teams, The Golden Tide are most likely the throw away team in Quadrant III

Id say Loretto or Mt. Pleasant will most likely come out of Quad III tho its wide open