2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, vandyfan1 said:

Never to early to start the conversation guys! 

This is how I got the playoffs first round turning out. 

#1. Huntingdon vs #4. Waverly

#2. Riverside vs #3. Mount Pleasant 

#1. Loretto vs #4. Peabody

#2. Lewis vs #3. Milan 

I think Loretto, Huntingdon, and the River Rats will roll to an easy victory but I think Lewis County running game will give Milan a hard time.

So many different scenarios and the bracket could look nothing like how I got it. 

Anybody wanna chime in?

Waverly at 4? I thought they was gonna be better than the rest of the region early on, are y'all struggling defensively? 

3 hours ago, Riverside80 said:

Waverly at 4? I thought they was gonna be better than the rest of the region early on, are y'all struggling defensively? 

Yes. I thought we would be at the top also. I didn’t realize how young our team is and got a good group coming up from the Jr high. It happens proud of them either way. 

20 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Congratulations to the Huntingdon Middle School Mustangs for an outstanding undefeated season. Big 8th grade class with a number of playmakers that will flat out hit you. Our QB's younger brother is the QB. One of the more aggressive players to come through our system in a while.

Wish there was a way to have more of a championship playoff for these Jr high teams. Playing a 7-8 game season then taking the two best teams out of that district and making them play for the championship isn’t worth a hoot.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Congratulations to the Huntingdon Middle School Mustangs for an outstanding undefeated season. Big 8th grade class with a number of playmakers that will flat out hit you. Our QB's younger brother is the QB. One of the more aggressive players to come through our system in a while.

Croppy how many of those games did the opponents score? I know of at least 2 games where opponents didn't get a single point.

On 9/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, vandyfan1 said:

Never to early to start the conversation guys! 

This is how I got the playoffs first round turning out. 

#1. Huntingdon vs #4. Waverly

#2. Riverside vs #3. Mount Pleasant 

#1. Loretto vs #4. Peabody

#2. Lewis vs #3. Milan 

I think Loretto, Huntingdon, and the River Rats will roll to an easy victory but I think Lewis County running game will give Milan a hard time.

So many different scenarios and the bracket could look nothing like how I got it. 

Anybody wanna chime in?

I don’t know anything about Lewis Co or Region 5 as a whole. Milan could be a team that no one wants to face in the playoffs. The Huntingdon/Milan score is deceiving. They were really undisciplined and some obvious penalties didn’t help them. If they get that turned around they are definitely physically capable of being a handful.

2 hours ago, Waker said:

I don’t know anything about Lewis Co or Region 5 as a whole. Milan could be a team that no one wants to face in the playoffs. The Huntingdon/Milan score is deceiving. They were really undisciplined and some obvious penalties didn’t help them. If they get that turned around they are definitely physically capable of being a handful.

It's hard to play disciplined  when your getting your tail knocked off every play and I mean every play!

2 hours ago, Waker said:

Well to give a little insight Waverly and Mount Pleasant were highly over ranked. We (Waverly) are just too young to hang with R6 this year. Mount Pleasant has the athletic ability I’m not sure what their deal is but I wasn’t impressed. Haven’t seen Lewis or Loretto yet but I will. Loretto seems to be legit this year. You’re right about Milan but like Old Crappy said they didn’t respond well when punched in the mouth. 

50 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well to give a little insight Waverly and Mount Pleasant were highly over ranked. We (Waverly) are just too young to hang with R6 this year. Mount Pleasant has the athletic ability I’m not sure what their deal is but I wasn’t impressed. Haven’t seen Lewis or Loretto yet but I will. Loretto seems to be legit this year. You’re right about Milan but like Old Crappy said they didn’t respond well when punched in the mouth. 

Not entirely true, yall did hang 70 on Camden.