2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well to give a little insight Waverly and Mount Pleasant were highly over ranked. We (Waverly) are just too young to hang with R6 this year. Mount Pleasant has the athletic ability I’m not sure what their deal is but I wasn’t impressed. Haven’t seen Lewis or Loretto yet but I will. Loretto seems to be legit this year. You’re right about Milan but like Old Crappy said they didn’t respond well when punched in the mouth. 

Mount Pleasant is a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle! I've never seen a close second to how hard to figure they are...athletes all over the field, one game they look like world beaters and the next they look like a playground team with no coaching whatsoever. They're big, physical, fast, and mean. They've beaten down some very good teams, then get embarrassed by mediocre ones. 

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Mount Pleasant is a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle! I've never seen a close second to how hard to figure they are...athletes all over the field, one game they look like world beaters and the next they look like a playground team with no coaching whatsoever. They're big, physical, fast, and mean. They've beaten down some very good teams, then get embarrassed by mediocre ones. 

Was it Mt Pleasant that had a kid about 5 yrs back that wore a concussion helmet that was an absolute one man wrecking ball?

23 hours ago, tradertwo said:

#true

Just too funny, but, true!

Things seem to have stayed the way I was thinking that they were. 

#1. Huntingdon vs #4. Waverly

#2. Riverside vs #3. Mount Pleasant 

#1. Loretto vs #4. Peabody

#2. Lewis vs #3. Milan 

Huntingdon took care of business at home last night. As long as they don’t slip up I think they got the #1 seed wrapped up after beating Milan and Riverside the past two Fridays. 

The #1 seed in Region 5 is  still up for grabs. 

Edited by vandyfan1

On 9/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Peabody will not beat the first seed out of R5.

With Peabody changing QB1 this week, you never know. They still have Coach Jacobs and the mad scientist Coach Tab. I wouldn't put nothing past the Golden Tide. Everyone assumes they will be the 4 seed, last time I checked Milan and Huntingdon still have to play and beat Peabody. The only loss they have in region is against Riverside. I know it will be a tall task to even keep it close against those teams, but I have been saying all year the only thing this team needs is some positives going there way and who knows the change at QB1 might just be it.

Edited by thunderbolts

1 hour ago, thunderbolts said:

With Peabody changing QB1 this week, you never know. They still have Coach Jacobs and the mad scientist Coach Tab. I wouldn't put nothing past the Golden Tide. Everyone assumes they will be the 4 seed, last time I checked Milan and Huntingdon still have to play and beat Peabody. The only loss they have in region is against Riverside. I know it will be a tall task to even keep it close against those teams, but I have been saying all year the only thing this team needs is some positives going there way and who knows the change at QB1 might just be it.

TCA made a QB change years ago and it flipped their season around. Nobody could stop them. Unless the young man is a Goldsmith caliber then all you have is wishful thinking my friend.

Our Jr high team could score 70 on Camden. That defense is WEAK!!

The good thing for Peabody is they play Camden and JCM back to back with their bye week included. It will definitely help build their confidence but Milan and Huntingdon will put them back in check. 

I will definitely eat my crow if I’m wrong I just don’t see it happening. Good luck to Peabody. I hope they prove me wrong.

Edited by vandyfan1