2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

9 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

TCA made a QB change years ago and it flipped their season around. Nobody could stop them. Unless the young man is a Goldsmith caliber then all you have is wishful thinking my friend.

Our Jr high team could score 70 on Camden. That defense is WEAK!!

The good thing for Peabody is they play Camden and JCM back to back with their bye week included. It will definitely help build their confidence but Milan and Huntingdon will put them back in check. 

I will definitely eat my crow if I’m wrong I just don’t see it happening. Good luck to Peabody. I hope they prove me wrong.

All I am saying, in a one game situation Coach Jacobs and Coach Vowell can come up with something defensively to keep them in the ballgame and having an offense that does not turn the ball over can make things really interesting. I have seen many times a region champion playing at home in the first round and enter the fourth quarter in a tight game when they have heard all week how they should destroy the 4 seed and next thing you know their season ends.

I do think the 2 best teams out of these 2 regions is combined is Huntingdon and Riverside, but strictly going off what happened last year between Riverside and Lewis County, R5 could cause some havoc and surprise everyone on this side of the bracket. If Im not mistaken, winner of R5 would be able to host the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs if they can run the table, but would have to travel for the Semi- Finals regardless of who they play. So Home field advantage in 2nd round against a Parsons or a Milan , could be critical!

On 9/30/2023 at 3:55 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Things seem to have stayed the way I was thinking that they were. 

#1. Huntingdon vs #4. Waverly

#2. Riverside vs #3. Mount Pleasant 

#1. Loretto vs #4. Peabody

#2. Lewis vs #3. Milan 

Huntingdon took care of business at home last night. As long as they don’t slip up I think they got the #1 seed wrapped up after beating Milan and Riverside the past two Fridays. 

The #1 seed in Region 5 is  still up for grabs. 

Loretto still has to go to Waverly and to Mt. Pleasant.  Two tough games on the road.

Only regional games this week that I have seen. 

Region 5 

Mount Pleasant vs East Hickman

( could be an interesting game)

Region 6 

Huntingdon vs JCM (BLOWOUT)

After this week everyone gets back to some good very important regional games.

Edited by vandyfan1

On 10/2/2023 at 11:23 AM, vandyfan1 said:

Yes like mentioned before Waverly has the opportunity to upset Lewis and Loretto. It will be a tall task but it’s possible. 

How good is Loretto’s Defense? Could Waverly out score both of these teams? I know Waverly has a really good head coach that will have them boys ready.

This is probably one of the best threads I’ve seen in awhile.

Looks like Region 6 is all but settled if everything goes like I think it will and as posters have predicted.

As far as Waverly goes and Region 5, it’s a toss up. Waverly has a potent offense for sure. Defense has been flat out terrible the first 3 games.

Coach made some Defensive adjustments and the defense is playing pretty solid these last 3 games. 

Offensively Waverly was not up to par for the last few games due to some key injuries. All is well now. 

If this young defense can continue to grow each week and the offense can stay healthy, Waverly has a chance to win out with the biggest 2 games remaining being Loretto and Lewis, both being played at Waverly. 

Waverly could be a 1 seed still or will be a 4 seed. Time will tell. Lots of football left to be played.

I have no doubts that coach will have them ready each week.