2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

5 hours ago, FootballFanatic12345 said:

Can you ever just give some kids some credit? They had a long road trip got off the bus and handled business. Your team couldn’t do something you thought they could so you want to go an bash another team. 

They might not be “that good” but they still have a 0 in the loss column so they must have something figured out.

5 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Let me rephrase that. Loretto is 9-0 for a reason they earned that. Have they won against top competition no they haven’t. Loretto was better and made the plays this past Friday I’m not taking anything from their record nor their victory over  us. Im just comparing them to R6 and really good teams in the past. Loretto is a decent team that I don’t think will make it very far in the playoffs. But who would playing Region 6. 

2 hours ago, FastEddieDavis said:

They aren’t very good. 

Loretto does deserve some credit, however. They are undefeated, so far and, have played teams with decent to good records. They took on and beat the powerhouse team from Hohenwald that is ALWAYS ranked in the top 10 in the state and ALWAYS makes the playoffs. Then, the traveled to and beat a program in Waverly that has much success over the years, especially in the playoffs.

Maybe R6 is vastly better than R5. That will be made available beginning in two weeks but, to try to devalue a team that’s played what seems to be quality competition and remain undefeated is not cool. Especially if that team beat your team.

If the beat MTP next week, lookout!

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

We are a decent team but we aren’t that good

You're very good and have been for the last 10 years now.  You've been good enough to go to the semifinals on a couple of  occasions and have had some great players.  

My beef is that it's okay for some of your "fans" to acknowledge that other teams can be good as well without running them down at every opportunity.  

1 minute ago, howdoitknow said:

You're very good and have been for the last 10 years now.  You've been good enough to go to the semifinals on a couple of  occasions and have had some great players.  

My beef is that it's okay for some of your "fans" to acknowledge that other teams can be good as well without running them down at every opportunity.  

I understand but I honestly think the comments are taken out of context a little bit.

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I think you made your point. 

Edited by Waker

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Waverly lacks depth. We lost 3 starter’s Friday night probably for the season. 

On 9/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, vandyfan1 said:

Never to early to start the conversation guys! 

This is how I got the playoffs first round turning out. 

#1. Huntingdon vs #4. Waverly

#2. Riverside vs #3. Mount Pleasant 

#1. Loretto vs #4. Peabody

#2. Lewis vs #3. Milan 

I think Loretto, Huntingdon, and the River Rats will roll to an easy victory but I think Lewis County running game will give Milan a hard time.

So many different scenarios and the bracket could look nothing like how I got it. 

Anybody wanna chime in?

You do realize that Milan has Coach Sharp now.  I am quite sure he knows all of the nuances of Lewis County football.