Haywood County @ Hardin County

Tigersandcats

11 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Don’t do that anymore. They do the whole running through the T thing like at Knoxville. Being doing that now for several years. Great football atmosphere at Jim Carroll stadium though. Hope y’all bring a good crowd. Should be a fun game. I’m looking forward to it but a little nervous as well. These two teams will bring it no doubt!

I've been to one game at Hardin Co. It was when Bumpus was there! Great atmosphere!! I think y'all beat the Tomcats that year too. Can't remember. 

11 minutes ago, Dp81 said:

I've been to one game at Hardin Co. It was when Bumpus was there! Great atmosphere!! I think y'all beat the Tomcats that year too. Can't remember. 

Lost to y’all at home in 2016 13-21

beat y’all at y’all’s place in 2015  21-20

need Stacmot on here for some history on these two teams meetings over the years!

1 hour ago, Dp81 said:

Good mix of both! They seem to have a very strong rushing attack. Even though the score didn't show it, i think they moved the ball well against Oakland. Just made mistakes that kept them from punching it in. Plus, it was Oakland! Their QB, whom i believe is a sophomore, seems to have a good arm. I think their offense will perform, it's the defense that makes me nervous. LOL  This should be a great game!! 

Side note, I remember several years ago Hardin Co. came to Haywood. They didn't run out on the field like 99% of teams do. They walked from the locker room onto the sideline, and kicked Haywood's butt!! Not sure what year that was. Kinda cool how they did that though. 

The defense has grown since obion.

11 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Don’t do that anymore. They do the whole running through the T thing like at Knoxville. Being doing that now for several years. Great football atmosphere at Jim Carroll stadium though. Hope y’all bring a good crowd. Should be a fun game. I’m looking forward to it but a little nervous as well. These two teams will bring it no doubt!

im sure we will bring a big crowd for a game like this. i know for me personally we are leaving around 3 to head up that way for the game.

12 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Lost to y’all at home in 2016 13-21

beat y’all at y’all’s place in 2015  21-20

need Stacmot on here for some history on these two teams meetings over the years!

Congratulations @Tigersandcats, you’ve inspired me to make my first post of the 2023 regular season.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not sure Haywood’s defense has grown that much since the Obion game.  I just don’t think Maplewood (0-7 averaging 11.7 ppg) and Trezevant (1-5 averaging 9 ppg) are reliable indicators of that.  Hardin Co. (7-0 averaging 37.9 ppg) will give us a much stronger test and a more reliable indication of the amount of growth.

To be honest, I believe Haywood’s defense will have trouble with Hardin County’s passing and rushing games.  That said, I believe Hardin Co. will win this game. However, if Haywood's defense steps up and the Tiger defense has trouble with Haywood’s rushing game, it could become a toss up.

Haywood does have a good coaching staff and a good group of kids.  They’re motivated and they work hard, but the Tomcats are young.  There are only two senior starters on the team.

This will be the 30th meeting between the Tomcats and Tigers.  Haywood leads the series 24-5.  Haywood is averaging 40.4 ppg while allowing 24.6 ppg.  Hardin Co. is averaging 37.9 ppg while allowing 12.6 ppg. Haywood’s opponents have a 14-31 record.  Hardin County’s opponents have a 18-29 record. 

The Cats and the Tigers have played 2 common opponents.  Haywood defeated Pure Youth Alliance 28-21 while the Tigers defeated Pure 21-14.  Haywood defeated Memphis Business Academy 46-26 while the Tigers defeated the Executives 48-12.

As for the history of the rivalry, open the following link
https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:THSFHS/school/records/Hardin_County

Click on records underneath the title Hardin County Tigers, then click opposing programs. Scroll down the list until you get to Haywood.  Then click the arrow to the left of the name Haywood.  You should get a list giving you the date, location, and score for all the games between Haywood Co./Haywood and Savannah Central/Hardin Co.

Good luck to both teams, and I'm praying for safe travels and an injury free game.

6 hours ago, stacmot said:

Congratulations @Tigersandcats, you’ve inspired me to make my first post of the 2023 regular season.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not sure Haywood’s defense has grown that much since the Obion game.  I just don’t think Maplewood (0-7 averaging 11.7 ppg) and Trezevant (1-5 averaging 9 ppg) are reliable indicators of that.  Hardin Co. (7-0 averaging 37.9 ppg) will give us a much stronger test and a more reliable indication of the amount of growth.

To be honest, I believe Haywood’s defense will have trouble with Hardin County’s passing and rushing games.  That said, I believe Hardin Co. will win this game. However, if Haywood's defense steps up and the Tiger defense has trouble with Haywood’s rushing game, it could become a toss up.

Haywood does have a good coaching staff and a good group of kids.  They’re motivated and they work hard, but the Tomcats are young.  There are only two senior starters on the team.

This will be the 30th meeting between the Tomcats and Tigers.  Haywood leads the series 24-5.  Haywood is averaging 40.4 ppg while allowing 24.6 ppg.  Hardin Co. is averaging 37.9 ppg while allowing 12.6 ppg. Haywood’s opponents have a 14-31 record.  Hardin County’s opponents have a 18-29 record. 

The Cats and the Tigers have played 2 common opponents.  Haywood defeated Pure Youth Alliance 28-21 while the Tigers defeated Pure 21-14.  Haywood defeated Memphis Business Academy 46-26 while the Tigers defeated the Executives 48-12.

Click on records underneath the title Hardin County Tigers, then click opposing programs. Scroll down the list until you get to Haywood.  Then click the arrow to the left of the name Haywood.  You should get a list giving you the date, location, and score for all the games between Haywood Co./Haywood and Savannah Central/Hardin Co.

Good luck to both teams, and I'm praying for safe travels and an injury free game.

Thanks for the info Stacmot. I really think it’s got the makings of a great football game. I’m also happy that you posted on here. Have really missed hearing from you on the T. Hope your doing well.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

Awesome info!!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Thanks for the info Stacmot. I really think it’s got the makings of a great football game. I’m also happy that you posted on here. Have really missed hearing from you on the T. Hope your doing well.

Let me second that thought, Stacmot. I’m glad to see you back on Coach T. You know I’m always pulling for Haywood as long as they aren’t playing my Covington team. Go Tomcats. 

• Thanks 1