Who's good in Division II?

mafiaman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie-Josh Suddath can score with the best of them...already hit for 55, #14 about 6'5 can really play anywhere, has been runnin that show since guiding McCallie to the semi-finals two years ago against an Ingle Martin led MBA team that later went on to post their third consecutive state title in both basketball and football.

Father Ryan-The best team in the state probably. Those guys are all really tall, they can all score, they are warriors. No real blemishes, except maybe a lack of a go to guy, or a big time post player...but I don't think that is even a problem, their coach gets them ready.

Harding- They have 5 guys that can really shoot the rock. They have a go to guy, and numerous people who can handle the ball and avoidd pressure, they can press and are very quick. Their only drawback is their tallest guy is 6'3, and they do not have any size. This might be a problem against teams like Lausanne (6'8 Gasol), ECS (6'8 Cottam) and a few others...Harding has already beaten several very good teams, and is currently undefeated.

ECS-Another very good team with a few players that have played on the team for 4 years...Matt Lea can really shine for them, one of the top sophomores in the state.

Bishop Byrne- The darkhorse, some will say that Byrne has a top 3 junior in the state in Charles Hampton, the 6'4 guard/forward is the man on the field and on the court, and he loves to do it all. I really don't know who else they have, but I don't think they have a lot of height.

I would say those teams have the best chance to make it back to state...Notre Dame, Knox Catholic, and Baylor will claim one of the spots from the East, Ryan, BA, and probably BGA will take a spot from the middle...West will be Harding, ECS, Lausanne/MUS but Bishop Byrne could possibly sneak in...the West is the hardest, then probably the Middle just because there are more teams.

i would encourage everyone to give USN a look as well,

they are currently 4 and 0, and on top of the division, after tuesdays game they will be 5 and 0 and on there way to there first 6 and 0 start in a looong time, after they beat clarkseville academy for the second time this year, on homecoming night, friday. They have a great go to player, in a junior transferr matt addison, who is currently averaging 24 ppg, as well as very balenced scorers, especially the big men. another thing to think about is that they have played all the games thus far without there starting varsity pointguard, a transferr student from MLK darrell Hardin. They will suprise a lot of people, and they are ready to take on anyone.

until somebody proves it by beating Father Ryan, they are the best team in Division II. it doesn't matter how much they win by, as long as they win. they can't play great every game, but with the defense they play, they have a chance of winning every game. let's not start the harding talk again this year until they prove they can get out of the region tournament without choking. they are still pretenders right now. Father Ryan = best D-II Team

Father Ryan did only beat MUS by 2, but a win is a win. Its tuff for a team to play road games, much less back to back road games. We played about as bad as we can play, and I think MUS played pretty good, and we won. It is not unusual for one player on our team to have a bad game, but yesterday we all played bad, except for Everett Bills, who played extremely well on offense, and especially on defense gaurding Baum.

Guest hogfan10

well hunbilly, it's funny how you say ryan is the best team in the state. and harding doesnt choke. harding got out of the region tourney two years ago, where may hit a lucky(double pump)shot at the buzzer to beat us in overtime at sectionals. that was the better ryan team that last years team. and last year harding got a lucky draw. and how is the region tourney set up for middle and east teams. we were #1 seed last year and we had to play the early game at 3. we get no bye or anything like that. and there were a lot of questionable calls in that game(way to many)that went against us, like the bull crap call with .3 seconds left in the game. but i guess thats they way things go. everybody in the west hates harding anyway. everybody knows that ryan has a really good team, but everybody knows ryan wont be at the top always.