Who's good in Division II?

mafiaman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a good player in Cole Rose, but BGA hasn't been to the sectionals in at least 3 years I believe...the last time they were there they beat a Michael Black and Richard Moore (later signed with UNC for Football) led MUS team who had been playing together since they were 13 for 2nd Presbyterian.

Harding is good, and I haven't seen them play in the regular season, but I did see them this summer, and they really need a player to step up to help their star player EVERY GAME...they can not have players content to just stand around and watch. I really think the key is their junior point guard who can really shoot the three. If Him and at least two of there three seniors can reach double figures every game, they are going to be in good shape...cus they are deep and they are still offly quick and I assume they play good defense.

Father Ryan beats a tough CBHS friday night for it's 4th victory in 4 games all by double digit points...CBHS spanks MBA the following night by the tune of 15 or something points. FRHS has to hang around Memphis and play a well drilled MUS team...I heard they won. I am not saying the irish will win state....but I will say for those of you who like to stay cocky, bring it on on this peaceful typing site where typed messages are all that hit you in the mouth. I'll take Father Ryan against your team....oh, and before I ###### off our most respected enemies, MBA has just started developing the football players back in to the routine...they will improve. And good luck to the rest of D2 men...but if your gonna dis' FRHS for only beating MUS by 2, I'm truly hoping the irish kick your teams' butt at a theater near you.

So hogfan,

You say that the 2000-2001 Irish(23-6) were better than the 2001-2002 Irish(30-2).

Ok, the 00-01 team had to play a better MBA team that had Ingle,Moses,and Dominique. They lost both games to them in the regular season, but beat them for the region championship. They also beat BA with David Harrison 4 times that year.

I remember after they beat BA in the semi-finals the media was reporting about how it was David's last high school game and yada yada.

But the 01-02 Irish went undefeated in Div. II.

Oh well. The 00-01 team probobly had better players, but oh well.

Guest hogfan10

Yea, I am saying that the 00-01 squad was better than the 01-02 squad. You put those records up there for what reason? I dont care about the record, but I most definately think that squad was a lot better. For one, I think they had more than one weapon on the 00-01 squad. The 01-02 squad had one weapon in Billy. You shut him down and ryan will struggle heavily. Of course there were boys who had break out games, but not on a regular basis.

Since DII was formed, the middle region has been, and still is, the toughest. Father Ryan was the best team in the state last year (all classes). MBA is always well coached. They may be off to a slow start this year, but they will be playing good ball by tournament time. BA is physical and loaded with atheletes. USN is much improved this year, with their new transfer players. And, my favorite, BGA, beat McCallie Saturday and will be an improved team by tournament time.

I predict, as in the past, there will be a couple of teams from the middle region in the final four in the 'boro this spring. Father Ryan will be one of them. The region tournament will be a tough and interesting battle for the rest.

well i was on both of those father ryan teams, and i would have to say that the 01-02 team was better. the toughest game of the playoffs is the sectional game in memphis. doesn't matter how we beat harding, so what that i hit a three in OT, but last year, no D-II team could argue with us. we beat every D-II we played, no matter how close or how bad we beat them, we won. that's tough to do. and you said we only had me last year, and that if you shut down me you win. well we only lost 2 games, won 30, so either i never got shut down(which i did) or we had a great team with players that could step up when needed. so until harding actually makes it to the finals and wins, they are pretenders, MBA and Ryan own D-II right now. records now don't mean anything, MBA will be there at the end like always, and everybody in the West will start talking about how good their team is gonna be next seaons. the cycle just keeps on repeating itself, while Ryan probably grabs another state title.

Guest hogfan10

ok mr. may..i guess this thing got a lil out of hand. now you want to argue with me. well in not gonna get caught up in this back and forth crap. cuz i played against you and i respect you, but evidently you dont respect harding. i used to play for harding and i recall...well we wont get into that. ok we all know a win is a win. but do you go and make double pump shots on a regular basis. yea thats what i thought. the shot was luck. we all get a lil lucky sometimes. and youll beat us in the sectional game bc of your rebounding. youll kicked our butts on the boards. ill just leave it at that. for one the middle is not a tough region at all. the west is the best. you have bishop byrne, harding, ecs, cbhs, and mus. in the middle you maybe have 2 contenders at the most. and mba aint nothin. i played on the team last year that whipped them by 20 at bartlett. that game wasnt close from the tip off. and their super star got shut down all night too. ok so your running things in the middle, but do you think you could run things in the west? ok youll won a state title that everybody dreams of..congrats..give yourself a pat on the back. but youll only beat one west team in the sectionals and state bc the other west teams didnt make it. but you have to admit, youll struggled the entire game until about the fourth quarter. i was at the game and you werent in double digits until like the 4th quarter. but ok i guess you can call ryan the best until they get beat. everybody gets beat though.

The only reason I got slightly irritated last night was after reading MoFoto's post which said that because FRHS beat MUS by only 2 the team had serious issues (that is what he or she implied). Good ol' MOFO' decides to expand on it's issue and declare the state's top 3 to be Harding, ECS, and those great wrestlers from chattahoochee. Good ol' MOFO' may be right in it's predictions....but if it had checked what FRHS had done to this point of the season, it may have concluded that the irish did'nt play thier best, and that MUS played a very good game. But alas, good ol' MOFO probably did not do that....because it is one Good Ol' MOFO. PS (I think FRHS will have thier hands full all season to try to even make it to Murfreesboro, but just cause we win a game by 2 we get no respect?.....MOFO' your one tough MOFO')