Haywood vs. Crockett

Kruger77

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

Congratulations Haywood!  Good game Crockett!

Next week's Dyer Co-Haywood game will decide the Region 7-4A championship.  Go Tomcats! 

One note to the Cats...please clean up the penalties!

I heard the end of the Haywood radio broadcast of the game. Congrats to the Tomcats. I heard they finished up with a running back playing QB? What happened to your QB? Injured? What about next week?

I’ll say this about the game we score in the first half on that turnover before the half to make it 24-7 the game would have been won by us. We came to play, and if Haywood has to try and win ball games running that wild cat deep in the playoffs they have a rude awakening because pearl Cohn can match the speed of that kid hard to win state championship when you can’t throw the ball any. 

47 minutes ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

I’ll say this about the game we score in the first half on that turnover before the half to make it 24-7 the game would have been won by us. We came to play, and if Haywood has to try and win ball games running that wild cat deep in the playoffs they have a rude awakening because pearl Cohn can match the speed of that kid hard to win state championship when you can’t throw the ball any. 

A tell if two half’s. Crockett sat on the ball as Haywood started slow. Passing game wasn’t effective tonight, but has been in previous games so to say they can’t throw the ball is redundant. The wildcat worked for them. Hence why haywood ran for 344 yards. The defense played lights out in the second half after that long throw. Good game to Crockett. 

3 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

Crockett did come to play, and the Cavs played a great game.

Haywood’s wildcat offense shouldn’t have come as a surprise to Crockett Co.  Although we lost the Hardin Co. game, the wildcat proved to be fairly effective against the Tigers..  Crockett should have expected it.

I agree that the wildcat offense can be a gamble.  It may not work against a lot of teams, but it worked for Haywood last night! As @Kruger77 stated, "you can’t discredit what Haywood did to win that game."

It was a good game and I commend both teams for their effort.  It’s possible we could meet again.

4 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I heard the end of the Haywood radio broadcast of the game. Congrats to the Tomcats. I heard they finished up with a running back playing QB? What happened to your QB? Injured? What about next week?

I don't believe he's injured.  We just switched to a wildcat offense.

5 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

No disrespect here but you talk as if Haywood is unfamiliar with deep playoff runs or Pearl Cohn. I mean, we played them last year, and was neck and neck with them. The tomcats have been in the semis the last 6 years, and twice to the finals in that stretch. I do agree with your statement but if it works, use it till it doesn't. 

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

No he's Young. He is still learning 

19 hours ago, Dp81 said:

No disrespect here but you talk as if Haywood is unfamiliar with deep playoff runs or Pearl Cohn. I mean, we played them last year, and was neck and neck with them. The tomcats have been in the semis the last 6 years, and twice to the finals in that stretch. I do agree with your statement but if it works, use it till it doesn't. 

Not talking that y’all aren’t familiar but I can tell you y’all are not the same football team that y’all have been in the past idk if that’s because the coaching change or just loss of talent because teams this year hanging with y’all as in obion and Crockett when they’ve had good teams in the past also it never happened Haywood blew those teams out and I’m saying that relates back to QB play y’all could pass and run, that’s why my comment about making a state championship want happen being 1 domential a team with size and speed that’s disciplined WILL stop it relate back to this comment in about 4 weeks and see if I didn’t tell you so