It's Bradley @ Cleveland week Rivalry Time

alt1958b

1 hour ago, BELTSNBUCKLES said:

Cleveland RB's accounted for 62 yards against Maryville last week.  Not sure his impact at CHS is meaningful.

Not a very good take. Cleveland has ran the ball effectively all season long. With Davis, Beard, Jordan, and QB Adams, their offense is explosive and has no problem establishing the run. Bears will have to get Cleveland in 2nd/3rd down and long to force them to put the ball in the air. That BC defense has been unreal the passed couple weeks! Hoping to see that continue into this one with that extra motivation;)

Maryville like others from here on out loaded the box up with 9 and dropped 2 Safeties back. They dared Cleveland to throw. Too much pressure from the front four that there really wasn’t any stunts or blitzes happening along that front. Besides Maryville’s O-Line was blowing Cleveland off the line of scrimmage 

This is a hard one. Bradley has talent and skill positions filled with play makers. Cleveland always has good athletes. It will be a wild and wooly game because it is amongst kids who for the most part have played each other or with each for years.  the question is two things in my mind. Who plays best on the lines and who makes the least mistakes.

Both teams have shown the ability to score and a lot.

But in the games that matter, Bradley's defense has been able to control the offenses they have faced for the most part.

I will take the Bears 27-19.

But all bets are off on that if they let Carter, Goree and Taylor get the ball and play their game. :wink:

On 10/17/2023 at 3:50 PM, Dawgz4life said:

Bearden did that  our RB’s coach, the TSAA, made us let him go because they said it was an unfair advantage, even though he didn’t even bring anyone over from his training group. The 3-4 kids that use him at Bearden already had him before he was hired at Bearden, so it sounds like the Cleveland staff is hiding stuff from the TSAA.…

What about the Smith guy at BHS. is he coaching o-line at BHS. l know he has Triple F training facility in Knoxville. His is on the radio saying he is going to schools in Knoxville and surrounding areas to get players to come to his facility and that he is coaching at BHS. He has been seen at some schools in Knoxville, (other than BHS), talking to players to get them to come to his facility to train. l know his son plays at BHS. If he is coaching at BHS it seems like he should not be able to have contact with other teams players? Is this a recruiting rule violation? 

27 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

What about the Smith guy at BHS. is he coaching o-line at BHS. l know he has Triple F training facility in Knoxville. His is on the radio saying he is going to schools in Knoxville and surrounding areas to get players to come to his facility and that he is coaching at BHS. He has been seen at some schools in Knoxville, (other than BHS), talking to players to get them to come to his facility to train. l know his son plays at BHS. If he is coaching at BHS it seems like he should not be able to have contact with other teams players? Is this a recruiting rule violation? 

To my knowledge he is not coaching at BHS. He does have the facility that he trains players at. He lives in Bearden's zone so his kid goes there now. Even if he is recruiting other kids there is no way to prove it. Ole crick neck doesn't need anyone helping him recruit. Just look at how many assistant coaches he already has on staff. In their team picture alone on their website I count 19 assistants. My guess is half or more of them came with players.

30 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

He does not coach at Bearden high school….

8 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

To my knowledge he is not coaching at BHS. He does have the facility that he trains players at. He lives in Bearden's zone so his kid goes there now. Even if he is recruiting other kids there is no way to prove it. Ole crick neck doesn't need anyone helping him recruit. Just look at how many assistant coaches he already has on staff. In their team picture alone on their website I count 19 assistants. My guess is half or more of them came with players.

In the “team” picture where the freshman JV and varsity coaches and freshman JV and varsity players are all in one picture…..:lol: