It's Bradley @ Cleveland week Rivalry Time

alt1958b

Well, it's that Week. Bradley vs Cleveland; Cleveland vs Braadley. no matter how you term it, one of the premier rivalries you will experience. Mostly friends 51 weeks a year but this week it's a family feud. (well, there are other weeks too, but this is the biggest one)

Bradley ranked #1 in the state with a group of athletes that can be scary good. Cleveland under a new coach, and despites some setbacks, still could be playing the best they have played in a while.

The town will be bonkers this week and the smack talk will be flying in social media.

Let it begin...

Who wins and why?

16 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I’m for Cleveland all the way but they will have to clean up the penalties in order to come close to beating Bradley. I haven’t seen the numbers but there was a lot last night against us. 

Nothing new for Cleveland. They’ve been the most penalized team in region two for a minute now. Few years at least.

Edited by Dawgz4life
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Hypothetically, if Bradley Central were to lose to Cleveland and then beat Bearden who is number one in region 2 at that point, it’s still a battle between Bradley Central and Bearden but how do they choose which one.

First tie breaker is Head-to-head matchup. Second is overall record I think if I remember it correctly. Then it really gets involved. But this case it would be the head-to-head matchup and who wins.

In this scenario if Braley loses to Cleveland and beats Bearden it's Bradley regional champs. If Bradley beats Cleveland and loses to Bearden, Bearden is #1 seed.

Edited by alt1958b
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I’m for Cleveland all the way but they will have to clean up the penalties in order to come close to beating Bradley. I haven’t seen the numbers but there was a lot last night against us. 

Team Stats
                                               M                         C
First downs                              21                        15
Rushes-Yards                        47-277                  26-119
Passing                                    110                       136
Total yards                              387                      255
Comp-Att-Int                        9-13-0                  14-23-2
Punts-Avg                              1-39.0                   1-15.0
Fumbles-Lost                            1-1                        1-1
Penalties-Yards                       7-45                    10-104
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Bradley is healthy which they said Friday Night, a few are out they should win. Cleveland is undisciplined as any team I've seen this year. They beat their own selves against Maryville. 

Penalties upon penalties. Maryville ran the same 6 to 7 plays from multiple sets. 

6 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

I don't see them doing anything to hurt that wrestling program. And the basketball program has been pretty solid, as has the baseball program.

Now I know they want to get back to Benny Monroe championship quality football but let's not get too crazy here.,

We would all like to get back to that level. We (State Championship Teams) were joking Friday night during our social that we had if they would allow Benny to call some plays? haha...All joking aside we had athletes upon athletes as well as talent stacked upon talent. I'm not saying these current guys are not talented. But we played for one another and were like family. The other night Kevin Cobb looked at his son while I was standing there and pointed at me. He said this guy right here was an offensive lineman. Shortest guy. But this guy didn't care how big you were he was going to hit you. Cleveland will get back to those times. It just takes time and getting things established.

The wrestling program is a juggernaut that has been well paid for. Those coaches have worked hard to get things established. During my coaching tenure there. We just didnt have the funds available to us during that time.