Moore Co. Raiders @ Forrest Rockets Oct. 20th

RaiderzFan

12 hours ago, BBRaider said:

35-10 MC final! 

mismatch. not of talent. of entire programs. 

on paper our kids could have made this a 1 or 2 score game. but they don't want to be there.

i dont think it can be understated how heroic this is: these kids, who could be doing anything, agree to go out there and be undercoached week after week. its very difficult to watch as a casual fan on a web broadcast (me), much less a family member or someone truly plugged in that attends week in and week out (not me). 

it's time for a change. it's been time. but le'ts forgive and forget, and AGREE that the fayetteville game should be Coach Eli's last. for the kids. for the program. for the incoming 8th graders who won 2 of the 3 straight championships. 

in the words of bruce buffer. it's time. 

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

mismatch. not of talent. of entire programs. 

on paper our kids could have made this a 1 or 2 score game. but they don't want to be there.

i dont think it can be understated how heroic this is: these kids, who could be doing anything, agree to go out there and be undercoached week after week. its very difficult to watch as a casual fan on a web broadcast (me), much less a family member or someone truly plugged in that attends week in and week out (not me). 

it's time for a change. it's been time. but le'ts forgive and forget, and AGREE that the fayetteville game should be Coach Eli's last. for the kids. for the program. for the incoming 8th graders who won 2 of the 3 straight championships. 

in the words of bruce buffer. it's time. 

Most definitely time for change. Eli and co seriously do not give these kids a chance. He also treats them horribly. I feel for these kids, high school football should be super fun but I don’t see how it can be for these kids.

One week after wrapping up Region 5-1A Moore County moved to 3-0 in Region 4-2A. 

I attended two home games this season at the Rock. Cornersville & Senior Night.  What should have been a passionate, fired up crowd for a decades-old rivalry had the feeling of a late July scrimmage on a practice field somewhere that started before most parents got off work. There was more emotion at the district cross country race at Horton Park a few weeks ago than at this Senior Night football game. Forrest played the part of Mike Tyson's sparring partner for 3 quarters. Our players never really backed down and had some big hits. There were a few glimpses of athletic ability making something out of absolutely nothing on offense. But by halftime you could tell there's not much enjoyment in this job and everyone knew how this movie was ending. 

This is the part where I highlight a few players and critique the game but why bother. Does pointing out multiple miscues or getting frustrated with an offense that tips the play by formation on 4 out of 5 plays do any good? Nope. Best of luck to Moore County. Much more physical version than we faced in 2020-2022. I hope to watch you play in Chattanooga in a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, FootballFanatic12345 said:

I’m not. I keep up with most of middle TN football. Mainly region 5 so I got to see 1st hand the decline in the program. Sad sad sad.

If you're a Loretto guy I wish I could tell you how exciting it is to watch a program that was tiers below us make a coaching change and gradually ascend until they pulled even and then way above where we are. But I'd be lying. It sucks. Good luck in postseason. 

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

If you're a Loretto guy I wish I could tell you how exciting it is to watch a program that was tiers below us make a coaching change and gradually ascend until they pulled even and then way above where we are. But I'd be lying. It sucks. Good luck in postseason. 

Yeah I am a Loretto guy lol. Was trying to stay neutral didn’t want people thinking I was only here while we are being successful.

It is awesome to see how we have turned it around. Just took a good coaching change and this group of seniors is really talented and have had to play since they were freshman. It’s been very exciting.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Salem said:

program that was tiers below us make a coaching change and gradually ascend until they pulled even and then way above where we are.

Picture perfect example of where Forrest could be. A couple of karens on here get worked up over me telling it like it is, while Forrest does nothing, the kids suffer, and other programs prove me correct.