Cornersville @ Huntland

HerefortheDAWGS

5 minutes ago, falconred said:

Not hating on the kid at all, never said he wasn't any good.  I'm just saying he is not the best all around player in his region and with his size and speed, he will put up big numbers vs smaller opponents.  So whats your excuse as to why the numbers weren't there against Collinwood and MC, I am listening....

Simply better teams overall at the time. Collinwood had a great defensive plan and focused on shutting Ben down, at that time we did nothing to counter. MC was just a better overall team with way more playmakers. Pretty simple really. 

7 minutes ago, City223 said:

ben is BY FAR the best defensive player in this region and dawson is the best offensive player in this region

I can agree with that too. I never said originally that Dawson shouldn’t win Mr football, I said they both should be up for it and it’s crazy that they are in the same region. 

They should take both sides of the ball in consideration too. 

6 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

I can agree with that too. I never said originally that Dawson shouldn’t win Mr football, I said they both should be up for it and it’s crazy that they are in the same region. 

They should take both sides of the ball in consideration too. 

i’ll agree they’ll both be up and if not it wouldn’t be the first time a player was left out. kj jackson had comparable stats in 2020 to some of the kids nominated and went on to beat every kid nominated in playoffs and took state mvp home. last year with dawson’s stats is another example of how mr football nominees can be biased. i think if it comes down to ben or dawson, dawson will get it based on being undefeated and winning the h2h matchup 55-14

Edited by City223

12 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Simply better teams overall at the time. Collinwood had a great defensive plan and focused on shutting Ben down, at that time we did nothing to counter. MC was just a better overall team with way more playmakers. Pretty simple really. 

so what you're saying is, Cornersville play 2 pretty good teams? you did nothing but prove our point

5 minutes ago, falconred said:

so what you're saying is, Cornersville play 2 pretty good teams? you did nothing but prove our point

He's a big physical back. He had 120 yards against a 4-4 Forrest. Sat out most of the 2nd half on offense and defense and came up short on 4th and 4 on the last drive. Same defense gets White tonight for comparison. 

Just now, Salem said:

He's a big physical back. He had 120 yards against a 4-4 Forrest. Sat out most of the 2nd half on offense and defense and came up short on 4th and 4 on the last drive. Same defense gets White tonight for comparison. 

i’m gonna predict 350 total yards with 5 touchdowns for white tonight. 42-21 with mc pulling away after half

28 minutes ago, Salem said:

Well they both played Collinwood

White had 285 yards total offense

182 passing and 8 carries for 103, thats 12.9 yards per carry

9 minutes ago, phil24 said:

Lol. Smh. Insanity. People are so caught up in the "D1" phrase. It don't mean jack. Give me a state title that I can remember with my brothers for years to come everytime!

I am sure guys that won state and never got any scholarship say the same thing as they work their factory jobs (nothing wrong with that) and relive their high school glory days. I would think the stories about playing at the college level (any) would overshadow those stories. You won't talk to 85% of your high school teammates ever again. College can set you up for life. 

Edited by HerefortheDAWGS
  • Upvote 1