2A Mr. Football

Anaxandridas

#1 York quarterback Myles Leffew has led the Dragons to a 9-0 record with wins over 4A Stone Memorial when they were ranked #8 in the state, state ranked #7 Clay County 26-0, who went to the championship games last year, #3 Friendship Christian away, Bledsoe County 27-17 away and  1 loss Oneida 28-0 away. Against very tough competition he has 813 rushing yards, 549 passing yards, has led the team to #1 in the state, a  9-0 record, with the team scoring 31.1 points while giving up 6.5 and he has 28 solo tackles on defense.

1 hour ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

#1 York quarterback Myles Leffew has led the Dragons to a 9-0 record with wins over 4A Stone Memorial when they were ranked #8 in the state, state ranked #7 Clay County 26-0, who went to the championship games last year, #3 Friendship Christian away, Bledsoe County 27-17 away and  1 loss Oneida 28-0 away. Against very tough competition he has 813 rushing yards, 549 passing yards, has led the team to #1 in the state, a  9-0 record, with the team scoring 31.1 points while giving up 6.5 and he has 28 solo tackles on defense.

Great player, great kid - but not a strong candidate to win Mr Football IMO. I agree they played a very tough schedule, and he was driving the bus but I think the struggles in the passing game would prevent him from winning. 

21 hours ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

19 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Great player, great kid - but not a strong candidate to win Mr Football IMO. I agree they played a very tough schedule, and he was driving the bus but I think the struggles in the passing game would prevent him from winning. 

TSSAA, I'd agree. Sounds like he is the leader of a very strong team but his 1350 yards and only 31 tackles are hard to measure up to the states of East Robertson's Groves , Trousdale Co.'s Gregory, or Waverly's Stanfield. All 3 of those players based on the post on prior pages are all right at 2K in yardage and both Gregory and Stanfield have big Defensive numbers. YAI will certainly be a force to deal with going forward and this kids sounds like he is leading that charge but I don't know that he will be a contender for this award. Don't know that any of the 3 i mentioned will be either. We are all biased when it comes to these but I do know that when I've talked to opposing coaches, they immediately talk out #6 for TC. 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:32 PM, BCB~MVP said:

TSSAA, I'd agree. Sounds like he is the leader of a very strong team but his 1350 yards and only 31 tackles are hard to measure up to the states of East Robertson's Groves , Trousdale Co.'s Gregory, or Waverly's Stanfield. All 3 of those players based on the post on prior pages are all right at 2K in yardage and both Gregory and Stanfield have big Defensive numbers. YAI will certainly be a force to deal with going forward and this kids sounds like he is leading that charge but I don't know that he will be a contender for this award. Don't know that any of the 3 i mentioned will be either. We are all biased when it comes to these but I do know that when I've talked to opposing coaches, they immediately talk out #6 for TC. 

If York played East Robertson's weak schedule with only Smith County being a difficult game...which they lost, Myles would have greater numbers too. No one on ER's schedule is as good at Stone Memorial or Friendship Christian, plus Bledsoe County and Clay County are also very good. York couldn't help playing a couple of weak region teams.

2 minutes ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

If York played East Robertson's weak schedule with only Smith County being a difficult game...which they lost, Myles would have greater numbers too. No one on ER's schedule is as good at Stone Memorial or Friendship Christian, plus Bledsoe County and Clay County are also very good. York couldn't help playing a couple of weak region teams.

No argument on the strength of schedule. I actually agree 100% with you, however the Mr. Football awards as with most of these type of MVP awards typically start with stats. Thats where all the eyes of the voters go to. Fair or not, thats how it almost works out. 

I'm sure the YAI QB is a true difference maker, but Just trying to speak what I believe is the truth in that he want get the nod over some of the other stat stuffers. 

At the end of the day, this kid and the focus of YAI should be on the bigger prize of being in Chatt! Best of luck. I have quite a few friends in ole Jamestown. Some good folks up that way! 

• 2 weeks later...