5A Region 2 Championship - Powell @ West

WestHigh4Life

46 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Yea I understand the unsportsmanlike penalty. If he played to the Powell crowd I don’t think it would’ve been called but the fact it was towards West sideline/stands.

Atleast I think Powell gained some confidence with their sophomore qb knowing how close they were to beating the #1 5a team

Rodgers has really matured as the year has gone on. For a kid his age, his grasp of the read-option is really impressive, although he missed a couple against West that I think he'd like to have back. But he's also improved as a passer, and that is the key to this team making a playoff run.

Just now, osunut2 said:

Rodgers has really matured as the year has gone on. For a kid his age, his grasp of the read-option is really impressive, although he missed a couple against West that I think he'd like to have back. But he's also improved as a passer, and that is the key to this team making a playoff run.

Once Rodgers has full confidence in himself, he will be unstoppable.  He definitely has matured throughout the season.  

57 minutes ago, footballknox said:

Once Rodgers has full confidence in himself, he will be unstoppable.  He definitely has matured throughout the season.  

Yea I know some message boards on here were predicting Lowe would leave to another program after losing all the seniors we did last year and not having a clear replacement for Potts. I think it would be hard to find another sophomore like Deuce in the state. 

5 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Yea I know some message boards on here were predicting Lowe would leave to another program after losing all the seniors we did last year and not having a clear replacement for Potts. I think it would be hard to find another sophomore like Deuce in the state. 

Lowe definitely had other offers, but he likes what he has at Powell. Deuce definitely has a bright future ahead.  We still have a lot of football to play this year, but next year will definitely be focused on making sure he has an offensive line being that four of the starters are seniors. 

9 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

For a sophomore quarterback he’s really good but they are plenty of better sophomores spread around the state.

29 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Yep.  With as much young talent as he has in the program, so much for the notion that after JJ left good players wouldn't continue to seek out a way to get to Powell.  

Matt is a tremendous football coach.  

26 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

hilarious.

powell threw away a game they should have won.  Everyone in this thread is praising powell.  Not there first time I've watched and had questions, but yall go right on ahead.

ILB, what are you talking about? Since when does one person's opinion (footballknox) = "everyone in this thread"?

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

ILB, what are you talking about? Since when does one person's opinion (footballknox) = "everyone in this thread"?

it's more than just him.  I won't name them, but it's several.   I'm just saying i've expected Powell to win it all multiple times, but i feel like every year they're making pretty tragic interceptions in the red zone.  and no one ever mentions it.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Osunut2....what did I do to you? I never argued that anyone was right or wrong?  Yes, I think Powell has a lot of potential.  Sorry that I brought up some things I saw during the game.  Obviously, watching from the stands and from the television give different insights.  I never meant to ruffle any feathers.  I appreciate everyone's insight and views of the game.  Once other points were brought up, I saw how things might not have been as they appeared.  I am sorry that I fully support my team. 

Just now, ILB1999 said:

it's more than just him.  I won't name them, but it's several.   I'm just saying i've expected Powell to win it all multiple times, but i feel like every year they're making pretty tragic interceptions in the red zone.  and no one ever mentions it.

Yes, Powell did have some mistakes last night.  They had a lot of momentum in the first half and the first few minutes of the third quarter.  Then there was a definite momentum shift.  Considering the players that they lost last year, I think they are doing better than everyone thought they would this season.