fayetteville hosts forrest

City223

26 minutes ago, City223 said:

yea after fayetteville’s 3peat in middle school, they haven’t won another championship. they’ve made it to a couple 

Fayetteville's three peat in middle school led to 10-0  (2019), 13-2 state champions (2020), 11-2 (2021), and 12-1 (2022) seasons. Forrest was 3-7 last year and either 4 -6 or 5-5 this year. Success should be around the corner. 

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

Fayetteville's three peat in middle school led to 10-0  (2019), 13-2 state champions (2020), 11-2 (2021), and 12-1 (2022) seasons. Forrest was 3-7 last year and either 4 -6 or 5-5 this year. Success should be around the corner. 

yea but also after the 1-9 year in 2018 they made a coaching change because they knew how much talent was in the class of 23. if forrest makes, the change success could come. if not, it’ll be a waste of talent.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:20 AM, Snowballschance said:

Fayetteville will win, but it may be close if they are looking at the 1st round of the playoffs and not Forrest. If I’m smith county, I’m sweating bullets and hoping Forrest doesn’t pull the upset. They don’t want Fayetteville in round 1

smith co. will have to play them sooner or later if they both make it that far. so i would say let’s play now and get it over with. smith defense is as good as we have had in a few years not giving up many points all year. just check the stats hard to drive the ball on them 60 or 70 yards. 

1 hour ago, hoggtown said:

smith co. will have to play them sooner or later if they both make it that far. so i would say let’s play now and get it over with. smith defense is as good as we have had in a few years not giving up many points all year. just check the stats hard to drive the ball on them 60 or 70 yards. 

fayetteville’s defense has been pretty good. if the offense catches up by the time we play, it’ll be a really good game

1 hour ago, hoggtown said:

The game would come down to a big play on defense. Blocked punt , interception, 4th down stop in opponent territory. Could very easily see it being an 8-7 or 12-6 type of game. Would rather that be in the 3rd round myself. Fayetteville may be running on fumes by that point though, their playoffs really started last week against cascade 

28 minutes ago, Varo said:

I was thinking Fayetteville 35 Forrest 7 (or 14) .  

i would agree but after watching them play cascade this might be a close game. defense will show up and perform but you can’t ever be sure on what type of offense you’re getting. you might get 45 points or you might get 15

54 minutes ago, City223 said:

fayetteville wins 27-14

34 minutes ago, Varo said:

I was thinking Fayetteville 35 Forrest 7 (or 14) .  

If we score 2 TDs we will have a parade for the team after the game. Defense has to play a perfect game for Forrest to have a chance. Offense and special teams have been a liability on our 4 game skid. #1 was putting up video game numbers midseason for us but has been getting mauled at the line of scrimmage lately. Who knew it was so hard to get athletes the ball in space?