KINGSTON@ALCOA FOR THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP

Jacketsfan2001

15 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think you got me confused with someone else, my team is Oakland aka the program that ended the rebel dynasty.

Apparently teams aren't that tired of seeing Alcoa win bc if they were, Alcoa wouldn't be a lock to win every year 

Maryville is still yall "Daddy". yall have to go through Maryville in order to win the ship.  I don't think yall ended their dynasty  because that game goes either way every year.  

Trust me, people are tired of seeing Alcoa win every year.  That's just like people were tired of seeing Alabama win every year. It times for new Champions.  The  ship goes through Blount County though so if teams stop being scared to line up with them, then they'll be able to compete with them.   

Alcoa's 8th grade team isn't all that so unless they get some recruits in there, I see them going downward soon.  AE's 8th grade team swept them this season.  SO we will see if they're really good coaches or really good recruiters out there within the next few years.

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

Maryville is still yall "Daddy". yall have to go through Maryville in order to win the ship.  I don't think yall ended their dynasty  because that game goes either way every year.  

Trust me, people are tired of seeing Alcoa win every year.  That's just like people were tired of seeing Alabama win every year. It times for new Champions.  The  ship goes through Blount County though so if teams stop being scared to line up with them, then they'll be able to compete with them.   

Alcoa's 8th grade team isn't all that so unless they get some recruits in there, I see them going downward soon.  AE's 8th grade team swept them this season.  SO we will see if they're really good coaches or really good recruiters out there within the next few years.

Maryville hasn't won a title in 4 years. This year they won't even win their own region, most people call that the end of a dynasty. They've lost their last 4/5 against Oakland

You don't have a sustained run like Alcoa has without great coaching. Nix and Sweetland were present for alot of those championships. Success at the 8th grade/freshman level is nice but can be fools gold as well, some kids peak at that age

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Turtle said:

Honestly, I say it'll be a good game.  I think you have a good chance this year if you can 1. Stop the run 2. get pressure on the QB 3.  Put a spy on their top WR .  IN my opinion, this is the year to beat Alcoa so tell your players not to be scared and go into the game thinking they can win and they will.   

Good Luck!!

Noope.....best Kingston has over them tinheads from aluminum city is the moment they are walking from locker room to the gridiron.....then its over

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Yeah let's penalize Alcoa for building a powerhouse program. This is how you create a culture of giving everyone a trophy. They are under no obligation to jump up a class or classes. They are passionately committed to having a championship program, if you want to beat them, your gonna have to do the same.

They have SEVERAL transfers including one from IMG Academy. TO PLAY KINGSTON. That is hardly "building a program" the right way. Alcoa would be GOOD and still could win 3A with local zoned athletes. No one says they can't be. It is never going to be fair for a team full of the best athletes around the state to play 3A schools. So yes.. they SHOULD be penalized not only by the state which turns its head to transfers, but also by having an asterisk by all 3A Titles.  Just like several 6A schools that are doing the same thing in Region 2 right now. MHS still runs a program the right way. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RiverRat95 said:

They have SEVERAL transfers including one from IMG Academy. TO PLAY KINGSTON. That is hardly "building a program" the right way. Alcoa would be GOOD and still could win 3A with local zoned athletes. No one says they can't be. It is never going to be fair for a team full of the best athletes around the state to play 3A schools. So yes.. they SHOULD be penalized not only by the state which turns its head to transfers, but also by having an asterisk by all 3A Titles.  Just like several 6A schools that are doing the same thing in Region 2 right now. MHS still runs a program the right way. 

Who is originally from East TN I believe. When you become successful, it recruits itself, they didn't get to that point overnight. What do you want Alcoa to say, sorry were full?! The day that someone finds Alcoa broke the rules by all means penalize them, but until then the only message your sending is for our kids to blame someone else when things don't go your way

Maryville does do things the right way, but they aren't gonna turn down transfers either, nor is there just 1 right way to run a program

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Who is originally from East TN I believe. When you become successful, it recruits itself, they didn't get to that point overnight. What do you want Alcoa to say, sorry were full?! The day that someone finds Alcoa broke the rules by all means penalize them, but until then the only message your sending is for our kids to blame someone else when things don't go your way

Maryville does do things the right way, but they aren't gonna turn down transfers either, nor is there just 1 right way to run a program

This is the first year Bradley has been stacked and people are accusing us of the same thing. Bradley’s JV is dominating every team they play including a 41-0 over Baylor. Beat Cleveland 53-20. And the middle school lake forest has a kid breaking records… it’s just talent and dedication. Alcoa and maryville don’t recruit… they just have phenomenal programs that attract phenomenal players and good programs with good players win championships it’s as simple as that. It truly is a dynasty. I don’t see Bradley getting championship this year but the next few years is gonna be a HUGE difference in the past Bradley team that people have seen and they’re already accusing Bradley of “recruiting” 

44 minutes ago, RiverRat95 said:

Your talking about the IMG transfer that played at Knoxville Webb two years ago?  Your stretching for straws.  Alcoa plays within the rules the TSSAA provides.  Go cry somewhere else.  Maryville has always ran their program the right way but can’t take out of zone kids anymore since the school is at full capacity.  Looks like Alcoa building that new school that holds 1,000 students were thinking ahead 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

My blood bleads Covington Charger and i can honestly say i do not have an issue with Alcoa being who they are. Yes, if they are breaking rules, they need to be punished. If not, hats off to them. I am not going to bash a team for having a top notch program. They have a program that most high school teams would dream of having. The way i see it, what goes up, must come down. It will not last forever. Whoever finally knocks them off the top will have a season to remember. If they move to a higher classification then all the "Well if's" will start. 

So to Alcoa, do what you do. (as long as it's not illegal. LOL)