Campbell County vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

Expect this game to be a bit closer than everyone is predicting. #1 OR secondary has been basically been wiped out. I think only 1 starter remains, if that. #2 We may even sit more guys just to rest up for the playoffs. #3 kinda hard to get up for a game like this, especially CC. Just hoping our guys that do get to play, come out ready to play ball, because we all know how much CC would LOVE to come into OR and steal a victory. It’d make their season. 

On 10/25/2023 at 1:23 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Campbell Cougars will not be able to beat Oak Ridge Wildcats in this game. I guarantee that they will not be able to beat them. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

I told you Campbell Cougars would not be able to beat Oak Ridge Wildcats in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

Compliment the Cougars on doing the best they could do with scheme and play calling, Just didn't have it at all on the defensive side of the ball as Dozier could score about any time he wanted to and they couldn't defend the pass either. Got most of their points after the subs came in for OR, so many that the starters had to come back for a series or two to put it away.  OR has a pretty good chance to go a couple of rounds in the playoffs IF they get back a lot of the injured players especially in the secondary, I don't know much about East Hamilton except they are 6-4 and lost a close one to Rhea County last night to finish 4th in the Wing T Region and get sent to OR next week. OR has only played EH once, a loss in a cold first round playoff game in 2013. First round games can be ambushes if not ready, although I expect the Wildcats to get a win and advance to Round 2. 

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

Compliment the Cougars on doing the best they could do with scheme and play calling, Just didn't have it at all on the defensive side of the ball as Dozier could score about any time he wanted to and they couldn't defend the pass either. Got most of their points after the subs came in for OR, so many that the starters had to come back for a series or two to put it away.  OR has a pretty good chance to go a couple of rounds in the playoffs IF they get back a lot of the injured players especially in the secondary, I don't know much about East Hamilton except they are 6-4 and lost a close one to Rhea County last night to finish 4th in the Wing T Region and get sent to OR next week. OR has only played EH once, a loss in a cold first round playoff game in 2013. First round games can be ambushes if not ready, although I expect the Wildcats to get a win and advance to Round 2. 

Any idea who #26 is at RB who scored our last touchdown last night? First I’ve seen him this season. He was fast coming through that line.

17 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

EH is no doormat. They've got some athletes, and they beat a really good Walker Valley team a couple of weeks ago, so the result against Rhea County was really surprising to me. I think you'll see some points scored in this one, but I still like OR to get to the QFs, and probably the SFs. 

Tough road though. Gonna have to beat EH, rematch with McMinn (or Clinton), and probably WV.

Edited by osunut2

20 hours ago, osunut2 said:

EH is no doormat. They've got some athletes, and they beat a really good Walker Valley team a couple of weeks ago, so the result against Rhea County was really surprising to me. I think you'll see some points scored in this one, but I still like OR to get to the QFs, and probably the SFs. 

Tough road though. Gonna have to beat EH, rematch with McMinn (or Clinton), and probably WV.

If OR is not ready they may get a dogfight out for EH. Hope all the walking wounded are back this week. I think those four teams down there are about even, just who wins on the right nights. McMinn is a puzzle, they have a good defense, good lines and a good run game, but zero passing game, Clinton can be a very explosive offense but their defense is very suspect and I suspect their lines are no match for the big chunky Cherokees. If McMinn gets up early and plays the way they did against OR, using the clock, I think they will win.