R1: Forrest @ Smith Co

SCHSAllHail

Things to get excited about next year- potentially

1. A NEW COACH 
2. The lines being a year stronger and bigger
3. Cantrell having better guidance and maturing- hats off to him for what he did this year. 
4. The freshman, 1, 32, 38, and more, becoming sophomores
5. Grissom healing. 
6. Another year of Eli Bell.
7. A winnable region with the right players in the right places and a better scheme and in-game coach 
8. Not seeing players get underutilized and mis-utilized. 

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

coach

Don’t know what the general been smoking but Eli is the right man for the job. He always has these boys fired up and ready to play.   He can’t execute for them l, can only put them in the best possible situation.  He has definitely done that.  Hopefully players will continue to improve and be able to run what is called.  Eli is a great coach. Don’t know how you can’t see that. But just my opinion of a guy that once played against him a long time ago    They have definitely earned Marion’s respect.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MADDOG09 said:

Don’t know what the general been smoking but Eli is the right man for the job. He always has these boys fired up and ready to play.   He can’t execute for them l, can only put them in the best possible situation.  He has definitely done that.  Hopefully players will continue to improve and be able to run what is called.  Eli is a great coach. Don’t know how you can’t see that. But just my opinion of a guy that once played against him a long time ago    They have definitely earned Marion’s respect.  

Are you trying to "stroke" the General out?  Seriously?  Question I have,  What you smoking?  :shock:

9 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

1. A NEW COACH 
3. Cantrell having better guidance and maturing- hats off to him for what he did this year. 
5. Grissom healing. 
7. A winnable region with the right players in the right places and a better scheme and in-game coach 

Candidates? 

On 11/4/2023 at 1:05 PM, GeneralForrest said:

1. A NEW COACH 
5. Grissom healing. 

Even w/o a coaching change, Rockets will be 2nd at the very least.

If Hill & Cantrell are both on the roster next season, I'd go Hill-1A/1B..

On 11/3/2023 at 9:09 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest lost their last 5 games in 2022. 

Forrest lost their last 6 games in 2023.

2022-23 Recap 

2022 team had a solid core returning from a quarterfinal appearance and were ranked #2 in the state in 2A. 

7-14 overall record. Worst 2 year span at Forrest since 2004-5.   Mercy Ruled 4 times.

2-7 region record. Region wins over a 2-8 Cannon County and a 2-8 Summertown. 

Best win(s): vs 1A 2022 Eagleville (6-5) or 1A 2023 Cornersville (6-5) 

2022 Wins were against: 6-5 Eagleville, 2-7 Cornersville, 2-8 Summertown

2023 Wins were against: 6-5 Cornersville, 2-8 Cannon, 1-9 Community, 5-6 White House Heritage

On 11/3/2023 at 9:03 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Seniors have a very difficult weekend when this happens. Football, cheer, managers. Their families. it's very tough to say goodbye. Thanks to all of them. 

Every team says it but I truly believe it was an all around good group of seniors. I haven't had anyone playing since 2019 and planned to stop posting after that but decided to stay on another year since Hill and Kirby's group were always on my grandsons team. Then you get attached to the next group of seniors and the next. Now I want to see how Fields and I'm sure the 8th graders do in high school so I might be a lifer. I'll try to find some stats to highlight the seniors in the next week or two. Thanks to all the seniors for their effort this year.

20 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

i get where u are coming from. 1. i am not a fan of 2 QB systems 2. Cantrell did well with his spot, he was thrust in there after first being told he wasnt going to be the guy. 3. i would predict it will likely be hill. i like him. but i am super proud of cantrell also.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Not sure about point one. Roster may not look the same without a change. Several players decided not to leave or take the year off because they were promised a new offense. New OC ran the show in the spring summer and was well liked; he got canned after week 1 and the same old plays returned. Fool me once is in play now. Players aren't falling for the new coordinator line again. If they make a change and hire the right guy look out 2024. 

This is what our QBs had to put up with this year. Hill played baseball and missed spring practice. Cantrell didn't get a single rep this spring/ summer with the new coach.  Hill went down week 1 and Cantrell was forced back into play and did well in my opinion. With two guys who have proven they can play on the roster, you can let them run more next season and play defense  knowing that a good backup is on hand if one gets injured.

• Like 1