West Ridge at Bradley Central

alt1958b

5 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Tell ya what I’ll do… I’ll put $500 on the bears. We can lock it in however you want. You got a Facebook ?

Don't have a horse in this race as I'm in middle TN. As most others, they're probably tired of reading your nonsense this season. 

I won't bet you 500, but will do a 500 bet on the winner picks their favorite charity next week. As mine will be St. Jude. Will touch bases with you this week and will swap email addresses. 

• Upvote 1

The second round is new for you… we know… are you willing to say that the Bradley season is a failure with a loss? We have heard how they have a top ten offense in the country etc by you… if they lose you need to check your roll

Edited by FR615

Just now, JustaFanOfFootball said:

Don't have a horse in this race as I'm in middle TN. As most others, they're probably tired of reading your nonsense this season. 

I won't bet you 500, but will do a 500 bet on the winner picks their favorite charity next week. As mine will be St. Jude. Will touch bases with you this week and will swap email addresses. 

That works for me. I only do it to fire y’all up…. Yes Bradley is gonna slack badly next year… I just know Bradley has more of a vengeance against maryville than maryville does Bradley. Maryville has came down here for 12 years and pounded the bears… better believe Bradley is gonna pound them next week. Maryville proved nothing tonight… they already beat science hill in season with almost same score lol 

2 minutes ago, FR615 said:

The second round is new for you… we know… are you willing to say that the Bradley season is a failure with a loss? We have heard how they have a top ten offense in the country etc by you… if they lose you need to check your roll

Dude calm down I only get on here to fire y’all up lol Bradley has been pounded by maryville for a decade man… yes I have to take advantage of this year hahaha Bradley has been stopped every year by maryville. It’s a 50/50 chance next week but maryville proved nothing tonight. They beat science hill which they already beat in season… basically the same score plus one lol

Bradley Central fans continue to chat! It’s the playoffs, anything can happen. Don’t plan trips until you win! There are a lot of great teams in this tournament. I would say act like you been there, but you haven’t, so not shocked. Looking forward to the east part of the state teams to see the rest of the state. 

11 hours ago, highangle11 said:

Bradley Central fans continue to chat! It’s the playoffs, anything can happen. Don’t plan trips until you win! There are a lot of great teams in this tournament. I would say act like you been there, but you haven’t, so not shocked. Looking forward to the east part of the state teams to see the rest of the state. 

We’re not all bad fans. Next week is going to be a war. I do think my bears take this one, but absolutely am not garunteeing it. 

With that being said, I do think it will take a great effort by Maryville to win this. Bradley is super fast and that defense is wicked! QB1 has been showing out as of late ;) If anyone can do it, it’s the rebels. 

Go Bears!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2023 at 8:25 AM, noonesfool said:

People tend to talk about coaches, Xs and Os, culture and mindsets. Sometimes it is just the genetics of not being athletic. Big doesn’t mean fast or strong, 5’9 dads don’t often produce 6’4 220 pound tight ends. Fastest guy on the team doesn’t mean fast enough for the schedule. I’ve seen WR on line and they resemble my remarks. I watched Greeneville’s Middle school go through their Middle School like a hot knife through soft butter. We were at old South  stadium which is in terrible disrepair. But their team was well coached and disciplined, lots of kids out, and wonderful supportive parents.

dna has nothing to do with it. they have 5 or 6(or even more when you get further outside washington-sullivan area) times the population nearby as a whole, so they have more athletes to pull from. you also have the fact Maryville won state championships for years with a bunch of "small unathletic white dudes"

14 hours ago, highangle11 said:

You are painting with a very broad brush there,

I have avoided the forward-thinking threads because it is one game at a time. and I don't count on any win before the final whistle blows. Oh BTW, I have been there. From the 0-10's to the State Championship of 1976 and everything in between (and while I was very young, an uncle played on the 1961 Championship team).

Yeah, we are excited as we should be, not jaded like some of those who get to thinking it's a birthright. :D 

Am I thinking of the possibilities? Durn Tooting I am. Am I counting on anything? Heck no.

I expected we would have to play Maryville again in the playoffs, it would be just a matter of which round. would not be surprised to play Bearden again.

As Rick Flair once said, "to be the man, you gotta beat the man", so yeah, to have the name of State Champion we WANT to play the teams everyone knows the names of. If we didn't, we would not be deserving of the title.

• Upvote 1