Knox Carter @ Elizabethton

Jduggie

40 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

I'm not buying it. The only semi competitive teams they've played they've lost too. Betsy is gonna pop them in the mouth a few times and they'll implode. Betsy will gap them but not run away with it. In the process they'll build up confidence and steam to make round two in Greeneville a classic Greeneville Betsy rivalry battle! 

They lost early on. While Moog was out, the QB was just learning the system (he arrived 3 weeks before the season started) and they played some tough competition. Powell, Science Hill and Bearden the first three games. With Moog they play better. And the loss to Knox West (7-6) whose only loss was to Alcoa, is not really bad competition. Don’t sleep on this team. They slept on us last season and we almost pulled off the upset. They’re not that different from us back then.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m Really getting Disturbed by the Lack of Support for these Kids and this Program. Rider ALWAYS have a Full Stadium of Real Fans whether we were winning or losing. IF Witten decides to leave for a better opportunity considering how apathetic the “Fans” are I’m not sure I’d blame Him honestly. We should be giving 100% support to this Program for who we are, and what the kids and coaches have accomplished the last 5yrs. I’m honestly disgusted with the “Fan” Situation. 

I don't think Witten is complaining. He is literally making 80k or more teaching ISS and weightlifting .I guess Oak Ridge's pockets wasn't deep enough :lol:

As far as the fans over half are there for the band and care nothing about football. Then another fourth are there to socialize and to be seen and talk. Then the rest are there for football. Plus Tom Taylor broadcasts every home game makes some people just stay home and watch.

Edited by Tab

10 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That would really hurt the alumni that are out of state etc... not sure I would recommend that. 

I understand that aspect of it.  Needs to find a way to make sure out of towners can watch but not those that live close.  For the money part that's easy, charge $$ for broadcast.  If he has 3700 views how many are with in ear shot and chose not to attend, 1000, more less? Just know these kids are being short changed from wrestling team with parking, band with concessions and all athletic organizations that are supported by APO and football with gates.